Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Mar 31, 2024 at 12:51 AM Post #5,821 of 6,317
Despite the issues I can hear the amp blossoming for sure. I can hear the huge potential. The mids are really amazing.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #5,822 of 6,317
I can hear the double bass player breathing hard in 'diana panton - reaching for the moon' on the ha300 LOL... never heard that before

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 1:31 AM Post #5,823 of 6,317
God damn this amp sounds so beautiful. :..(

Atticus + ha300 = insane magic

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #5,824 of 6,317
God damn this amp sounds so beautiful. :..(

Atticus + ha300 = insane magic
It is an awesome amp, which often doesn't get enough attention these days. You're still using the stock tubes right?

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #5,826 of 6,317
It is an awesome amp, which often doesn't get enough attention these days. You're still using the stock tubes right?
Yup stock

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #5,827 of 6,317
I haven’t tried many different tubes but I can say confidently this combo sounds insanely good [ we300b, mullard white print cv6, raytheon japanese grey plate ]. Elrogs are the other 300b tubes that are also very popular. Of all those tubes the rectifiers make the most subtle of differences

Mar 31, 2024 at 8:56 AM Post #5,828 of 6,317
Hi, just ordered the Has300 Mk2! Could you please recommend the best tubes to buy for it? Willing to buy different types to roll...but would like the best you guys have tried please. Thank you!!
For 300Bs, in my opinion don't bother with anything but the best. I don't usually like to say expensive=best, but the WE and Takatsuki I've heard are just so amazing it'll bring tears to your eyes. Elrog are the others that'll be mentioned. They completely transform the amp into a real hi-fi beast. I've had mid-range, and they were good but the jump from stock tubes wasn't as big. Definitely buy once, cry once - and enjoy the warm, smooth and detailed sound of stock in the meantime.

Rectifiers for me are easy. Get some Japanese grey plates if you can, and enjoy. Stock are fine, and any other 22DE4 I haven't been able to find in 2 years of looking.

As for 6SN7 and it's equivalents, good luck! There's a wealth of information in this thread to tailor the sound to your system and preferences. I for one say look into quads w/adapters - 6J5/6C5, VR135/CV6/6C8C/7193, and more I'm probably forgetting. There is no best tube for these slots in my opinion, just flavours of awesome.

Enjoy the amp! It's a beaut.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #5,829 of 6,317
For 300Bs, in my opinion don't bother with anything but the best. I don't usually like to say expensive=best, but the WE and Takatsuki I've heard are just so amazing it'll bring tears to your eyes. Elrog are the others that'll be mentioned. They completely transform the amp into a real hi-fi beast. I've had mid-range, and they were good but the jump from stock tubes wasn't as big. Definitely buy once, cry once - and enjoy the warm, smooth and detailed sound of stock in the meantime.

Rectifiers for me are easy. Get some Japanese grey plates if you can, and enjoy. Stock are fine, and any other 22DE4 I haven't been able to find in 2 years of looking.

As for 6SN7 and it's equivalents, good luck! There's a wealth of information in this thread to tailor the sound to your system and preferences. I for one say look into quads w/adapters - 6J5/6C5, VR135/CV6/6C8C/7193, and more I'm probably forgetting. There is no best tube for these slots in my opinion, just flavours of awesome.

Enjoy the amp! It's a beaut.
WE and Takatsuki and Elrog are mentioned as 300B tube choices.

I know of one very important consideration - the WE 300B tubes have a 5-year warranty, which is priceless considering the cost of replacing a prematurely failed 300B tube.

Jeff.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #5,830 of 6,317
What headphone pairings do you guys like with ha 300?

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #5,831 of 6,317
Hi, just ordered the Has300 Mk2! Could you please recommend the best tubes to buy for it? Willing to buy different types to roll...but would like the best you guys have tried please. Thank you!!

WE and Takatsuki and Elrog are mentioned as 300B tube choices.

I know of one very important consideration - the WE 300B tubes have a 5-year warranty, which is priceless considering the cost of replacing a prematurely failed 300B tube.

Jeff.
This can't be understated. Loved my Elrogs but then this past weekend mine died, which was just a few months after the one year warranty expired.

300Bs are generally way too expensive to keep buying every year or two. Therefore, WE's 5 year warranty is looking like a clear advantage over the other two manufacturers.

Mar 31, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #5,832 of 6,317
Worth adding EML also have 5 year warranty. EML XLS is a wonderful tube as well, more reference than WE, but WE is more forgiving and laid back.

Mar 31, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #5,833 of 6,317
This can't be understated. Loved my Elrogs but then this past weekend mine died, which was just a few months after the one year warranty expired.

300Bs are generally way too expensive to keep buying every year or two. Therefore, WE's 5 year warranty is looking like a clear advantage over the other two manufacturers.
are you going to get a replacement elrog?

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #5,834 of 6,317
are you going to get a replacement elrog?
Not sure yet but currently leaning against it. Will likely stick with the stock Gold Lions for awhile. Yesterday they were sounding surprisingly decent with the RCA 5692s.

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #5,835 of 6,317
Could you please recommend the best tubes to buy for it? Willing to buy different types to roll...
Worth getting the best tubes you can afford (as others just mentioned above), it will instantly pay off with a more immersive/believable sonic presentation, it is also worth having a choice. You can't go wrong with Sophia Electric Royal Princess 300B and the blue glass 6SN7 (make sure you select the top 10% units from the pop out menu, if you decide to go for them).

https://sophiaelectric.com/collecti...royal-princess-300b-tubes-for-300b-amplifiers
https://sophiaelectric.com/collecti...roducts/sophia-electric-blue-glass-6sn7-tubes

This amplifier with any high quality tubes brings an absolute top league sound, if this is what you are looking for (character wise + matching headphones). It can be easily an end game amplifier and definitely is a pure bargain at the price it is being offered (typically you would need to multiply it by two to get there, looking at the current market).

Users who are viewing this thread

• jyu0
Back