Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Nov 5, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #4,698 of 6,317
There was alot of adapters, could anyone post link to adapter that would fit?

Nov 5, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #4,700 of 6,317
Nov 5, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #4,702 of 6,317
Thanks for confirmation, I just wanted to ask because I also have WE 300B (new production) how is the synergy with 6C8C if it's that much better than stock drivers?
It is very good. There are a number of 7193/CV6/6S5S/VR135 you can try.

Nov 9, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #4,703 of 6,317
Just rolled out my quad of 6S5S from 55', and rolled in a quad of 6S5S from 52', and the sound just got even better. :grin: The 52' has a different getter position and looks slightly different than the 55', and looking at my stash it appears there was a change around 54', and then another one around 60'. As it usually goes with tubes the earlier the better, and that's definitely the case here. There is more richness in the mids, and stronger bass with just as good extension up top with the 52's. The 52's just have more magic that is hard to put into words. I really hope some more of these tubes become available for more to hear them!

Basically, right now all my tubes (power, drivers, and rectifiers) have a similar sound sig, and they are all elevating each other to a level of performance that is stunning. Think tripling down on the Elrog ER300B sound and that is what I am hearing, and it's breathtaking. In the past I have always used tubes that each brought something different and they "somewhat" balanced each other out, but now they really are all working together and it's truly another level of sound. I could talk about the bass, mids, and treble with many adjectives but I will just say this, the sound is perfect right now and nothing sounds off. The music truly sounds like it's being performed live no matter the genre. This amp just doesn’t let up, and talk about being there. :astonished:

I am going to CanJam Dallas this weekend, and look forward to hearing all the heavy hitter amps to see how my HA300MK2 compares. I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that nothing can best what I am hearing right now.

Long live the HA300MK2 and my tube combo!

20231109_053433.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 6:57 AM Post #4,704 of 6,317
Just rolled out my quad of 6S5S from 55', and rolled in a quad of 6S5S from 52', and the sound just got even better. :grin: The 52' has a different getter position and looks slightly different than the 55', and looking at my stash it appears there was a change around 54', and then another one around 60'. As it usually goes with tubes the earlier the better, and that's definitely the case here. There is more richness in the mids, and stronger bass with just as good extension up top with the 52's. The 52's just have more magic that is hard to put into words. I really hope some more of these tubes become available for more to hear them!

Basically, right now all my tubes (power, drivers, and rectifiers) have a similar sound sig, and they are all elevating each other to a level of performance that is stunning. Think tripling down on the Elrog ER300B sound is what I am hearing, and it's breathtaking. In the past I have always used tubes that each brought something different and they "somewhat" balanced each other out, but now they really are all working together and it's truly another level of sound. I could talk about the bass, mids, and treble with many adjectives but I will just say this, the sound is perfect right now and nothing sounds off. The music truly sounds like it's being performed live no matter the genre. This amp just doesn’t let up, and talk about being there. :astonished:

I am going to CanJam Dallas this weekend, and look forward to hearing all the heavy hitter amps to see how my HA300MK2 compares. I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that nothing can best what I am hearing right now.

Long live the HA300MK2 and my tube combo!

20231109_053433.jpg
Nice, are you willing to let go '55 tubes? :)

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #4,705 of 6,317
Nice, are you willing to let go '55 tubes? :)
I am not sure yet, as I still have a few more tubes from my stash to go through. I might "need' them for backups, but if I do decide to sell them you will be the first to know.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #4,707 of 6,317
This amp is freaking magical! I have had this amp for over a year, and it still blows my mind everyday. For anyone on the fence looking at this amp, it's incredible folks.

Speed/immediacy through the roof, bass that slams, mids that have euphonic texture and details galore, and highs that soar and sparkle, with staging that is so expansive and holographic the headphones disappear. What's not to love?

Happy Listening! :grin:

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #4,708 of 6,317
This amp is freaking magical! I have had this amp for over a year, and it still blows my mind everyday. For anyone on the fence looking at this amp, it's incredible folks.

Speed/immediacy through the roof, bass that slams, mids that have euphonic texture and details galore, and highs that soar and sparkle, with staging that is so expansive and holographic the headphones disappear. What's not to love?

Happy Listening! :grin:
I can't agree more, I have bunch of other amps but this one is truly amazing, personally am happy right know with stock rectifiers and drivers just switched to new WE 300B production tubes and after 200 hours + burn in period these tubes are everything I was hoping for as their price is quite high, up there with Elrogs, maybe even slighty higher at least in Europe.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2023 at 12:39 PM Post #4,709 of 6,317
I am considering the HA300MKII and have an unusual usability related question if anyone can chime in, how long is the supplied umbilical cord between the 2 units?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back