Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Jun 28, 2023 at 7:56 AM Post #3,781 of 6,317
Thanks for sharing! Knowing how crappy delivery services are these days at hitting their delivery dates, I would not waist any time mailing that in. That sure seems strange to have only 10 days, after spending that much money if you ask me.

I completely agree. That mail-in extension has no reason to exist in this digital age....maybe in the era of magazines that would make some sense but....

Oh well, I have sent them an email to check if there is any leeway for international orders, I also asked them what exactly are their terms of their "limited warranty", just to be sure.

But with that said, 5 years is a long time so it definitely is worth it to jump through the hoops, afterall Elrog only gives 1 (but fuss free) year

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #3,782 of 6,317
I completely agree. That mail-in extension has no reason to exist in this digital age....maybe in the era of magazines that would make some sense but....

Oh well, I have sent them an email to check if there is any leeway for international orders, I also asked them what exactly are their terms of their "limited warranty", just to be sure.

But with that said, 5 years is a long time so it definitely is worth it to jump through the hoops, afterall Elrog only gives 1 (but fuss free) year
I wasn't even thinking about you international guys, and that would really be cutting it close knowing how long that can take. I hope they have a good answer for you.

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #3,783 of 6,317
Well I didn't know I only have 10days after purchased them if you guys didn't talk about it. I ordered on the 19th. It took them 3 days to prepare the shipment and 2 more days for delivery. I think I need to send those papers asap today by overnight shipping.

Jun 28, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #3,784 of 6,317
Well I didn't know I only have 10days after purchased them if you guys didn't talk about it. I ordered on the 19th. It took them 3 days to prepare the shipment and 2 more days for delivery. I think I need to send those papers asap today by overnight shipping.
:pray: best of luck, I hope it ends up well

I would pay for overnight delivery if I was in your shoes too.

Jun 28, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #3,785 of 6,317
Well, whoever that is interested, I received the email from WE themselves :

Warranty Replacement
If a problem occurs during the life of your tube(s) that you believe is caused by manufacturing defect, contact Western Electric to initiate the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.

If the reported tube is authorized for return, we receive the tube at our facility and perform tests to evaluate the condition of the tube, providing immediate replacement if necessary. All determinations made by Western Electric are final.

Extended Warranty Registration
We understand the 10-day timeline can be difficult. For international customers, the policy is more relaxed. Simply return the cards to us as soon as you can after filling them out and we will gladly register your information. If you wish, you may send us an email on the same day the card(s) are postmarked.

50994db3d4a0097292d40a25d98a1bcd.jpg

If the tube fails because of manufacturing defect, they will replace it.

Everything seems fair enough. I guess the 10 day thing is still kinda bad for US-based customers, but I would definitely go for a signed, tracked and fast option.

I guess for International folks, they gave a reasonable option. Also keep the carton.

Jun 28, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #3,786 of 6,317
I called WE. They said, send the card in but don't get anxious about it. Just send it in when you can and don't worry about the 10 days.

Also the coverage is for 5 years for 100% of the tube. So if after 4.5 years and an issue comes up, your tube is covered 100%.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #3,787 of 6,317
So, on a whim I pulled my SR Master fuse from the power supply and put the stock fuse back in just to see if it really makes a difference. Well let me tell you, it sure does. The staging collapsed and the bass slam went way down as well with the stock fuse. The sound is so much better with the SR Master, that I can't live without it. That was fun just to see if it was all in my head, and I assure you it was not. If you want to take the HA300mk2 to another level the SR Master will do it.

Jun 28, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #3,789 of 6,317
I got some 6C8C USSR Svetlana tubes. One of them, 1952, had the center guide pin broken. This can happen sometimes when testing and you pull it out at too much of an angle or of course, in use, when pressure is applied when you pull the tube, but too much side to side.

I have fixed these before on tubes over the years. This 6C8C tests new but I also had a bad tube so I cut the base off of it, leveled it, countersunk for the flange on the pins of the tube and it works fine. You can also view the cement used to hold the tube in place in the base and the wiring.

Antique Electric in Phoenix also has the base for an octal with the pin broken off. But for me, since I have a few bad octals, why not use them? With my Dremel I can cut the base off and drill it out as needed and countersink it.
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3010.jpeg
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3007.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #3,790 of 6,317
I got some 6C8C USSR Svetlana tubes. One of them, 1952, had the center guide pin broken. This can happen sometimes when testing and you pull it out at too much of an angle or of course, in use, when pressure is applied when you pull the tube, but too much side to side.

I have fixed these before on tubes over the years. This 6C8C tests new but I also had a bad tube so I cut the base off of it, leveled it, countersunk for the flange on the pins of the tube and it works fine. You can also view the cement used to hold the tube in place in the base and the wiring.

Antique Electric in Phoenix also has the base for an octal with the pin broken off. But for me, since I have a few bad octals, why not use them? With my Dremel I can cut the base off and drill it out as needed and countersink it.
Wow! I have never seen what that looks like all opened up like that. Your soldering iron must just stay on all the time, and I wish I had that kind of patience. :wink: Really cool how you are always improving and fixing things, and I am going to have to give resoldering the pins with better solder a try eventually. Everything counts in this hobby and all those little improvements add up to make better sound I am sure. When you are at this level of gear, the little stuff matters no doubt.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #3,791 of 6,317
So, I had my "non-audiophile" Brother come over last night to listen to my setup, as I wanted to see and hear his thoughts on if he could tell if I swap fuses. Let me tell you, even my Brother who doesn't listen to headphones could easily hear the difference and much preferred the sound with the SR Master vs. the cheap stock fuse. Honestly, I don't know how it makes such a big difference, as I have had other fuses (SR Purple and Audio Magic M1) and each one made changes for the better, but the SR Master truly is a game changer at a completely different level.

It is flat out nuts what this fuse does to the staging, detail and bass! The sound is super holographic and way outside the cups now and in all directions, with each instrument firmly planted in its own space. The decay goes on forever and you can literally feel the bass. I feel like I am there more so than I have ever felt before, and it's really crazy what this thing can do! :astonished:

Back to musical bliss. . .

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 2:50 PM Post #3,792 of 6,317
So, I had my "non-audiophile" Brother come over last night to listen to my setup, as I wanted to see and hear his thoughts on if he could tell if I swap fuses. Let me tell you, even my Brother who doesn't listen to headphones could easily hear the difference and much preferred the sound with the SR Master vs. the cheap stock fuse. Honestly, I don't know how it makes such a big difference, as I have had other fuses (SR Purple and Audio Magic M1) and each one made changes for the better, but the SR Master truly is a game changer at a completely different level.

It is flat out nuts what this fuse does to the staging, detail and bass! The sound is super holographic and way outside the cups now and in all directions, with each instrument firmly planted in its own space. The decay goes on forever and you can literally feel the bass. I feel like I am there more so than I have ever felt before, and it's really crazy what this thing can do! :astonished:

Back to musical bliss. . .
Can you send it to me to test? If you ever get it back, you will appreciate it all the more! Thank me later :p

Jul 3, 2023 at 6:24 AM Post #3,793 of 6,317
Can you send it to me to test? If you ever get it back, you will appreciate it all the more! Thank me later :p
Not a chance! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Once you hear what that thing can do, there is no going back.

Jul 3, 2023 at 7:15 AM Post #3,794 of 6,317
If you crave detail, love a natural decay and are a stage junkie like me, you owe it to yourself to get the SR Master fuse! The detail, and huge and expansive holographic staging, with decay that goes on forever, is flat out insane! The sound fills my entire room and doesn't even sound like it is coming from my headphones. This is truly a magical experience! :astonished:

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #3,795 of 6,317
If you crave detail, love a natural decay and are a stage junkie like me, you owe it to yourself to get the SR Master fuse! The detail, and huge and expansive holographic staging, with decay that goes on forever, is flat out insane! The sound fills my entire room and doesn't even sound like it is coming from my headphones. This is truly a magical experience! :astonished:
I ordered the damn thing to put in May KTE. Hopefully you are right, but if not, there is a trial period. :)

Your track record is good though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back