Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 16, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #3,346 of 6,323
Even after swapping 22DE4s and 300b, I found my pair very agreeable in any setup I use them on

I would definitely try to pick up version 3 when I found one that is not ebay prices most definitely.
Yes sir. The RFT's play well with every tube I have paired them with.

Version 3 was one that I originally dismissed early on, as I was looking for more bass and note weight when I first got my HA300MK2. However, as time goes by and my taste and preferences have slowly leaned more toward a neutral/transparent sound, I can really appreciate what they can do now. I originally thought they lacked note weight and weren't for me, but they make up for that with their transparency, top end extension and staging. Don't get me wrong they can slam too like the first 2 versions with super tight bass, but they just have a bit lighter touch and less euphony overall.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #3,347 of 6,323
All this tube talk got me interested in the Melz 1578 again, and I finally caved in and have a pair from 75' coming. I am really after a pair from the 60's or even late 50's, but for now I will settle for a taste from 75'. I like a bit more bass than most, and don't mind loosing a bit a stage to get it, so perhaps this might be my preferred vingtage. . .

More to come, and I can't wait to see how this one compares to the RFT's. I am rocking "version 3" RFT at the moment, and this is the one that I feel is going to give the Melz a run for the money. :grin:

Apr 16, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #3,348 of 6,323
All this tube talk got me interested in the Melz 1578 again, and I finally caved in and have a pair from 75' coming. I am really after a pair from the 60's or even late 50's, but for now I will settle for a taste from 75'. I like a bit more bass than most, and don't mind loosing a bit a stage to get it, so perhaps this might be my preferred vingtage. . .

More to come, and I can't wait to see how this one compares to the RFT's. I am rocking "version 3" RFT at the moment, and this is the one that I feel is going to give the Melz a run for the money. :grin:
You have tried the 7193? Exceptional transparency, bass, layering.

Apr 16, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #3,349 of 6,323
Apr 16, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #3,350 of 6,323
I can't get past the look of the adapters.
If I relied on looks for sound, there are a lot of things I would use. :^)

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #3,351 of 6,323
If I relied on looks for sound, there are a lot of things I would use. :^)
I hear ya, but I am super OCD, and the look of the amp while using it is very important to me. I have done the adapter thing in the past with my other amps, and always found "better" tubes that way, but never liked the look. I have decided with this amp, it's good enough to stick with the top tier 6SN7 tubes, and leave the adapters tubes for another time and amp.

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #3,352 of 6,323
These blow away any 6F8G (and I have many NOS), 6SN7 (Many NoS and some of the best) and other types. The 7193, just has it all. Extremely open sounding, dynamic and layered. Quite surprising at the difference. Each 7193 is one half of a 6SN7 and has a Grid cap and Plate cap, which must be part of the secret.

The speed the delivery is startling. Adapters from China that work very well.

Also, these 1942 Kenrad tubes are extremely quiet. Also, they match super close. All the 7193 I have checked are very close in plate current draw and mutual conductance. No problem matching them to quads.

IMG_2794.jpegIMG_2795.jpeg
Can these adapters been spun? Is it possible to have them both going the same direction? Do you loosen a screw to spin them?

Apr 16, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #3,353 of 6,323
Can these adapters been spun? Is it possible to have them both going the same direction? Do you loosen a screw to spin them?
Yes, they can move and you don't have to loosen the center screw. But there isn't room for end to end. You can make it like a V or a T.

Apr 16, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #3,354 of 6,323
Cayin HA-300MK2 pairs well with DСA Stealth. Even on the default tubes, excellent speed, deep bass, delicious tube tones. When setting different resistances on the amplifier, DСA Stealth plays a little differently, but always good. The amplifier also works well with the Abyss 1266 TC.
When using any of the headphones listed above, the power of the amplifier is more than enough. The volume control even on the quietest recordings does not exceed the 2 o'clock position.
Thank you DMITRIY R for sharing your experience! That helps.

🤝

Apr 17, 2023 at 4:51 PM Post #3,355 of 6,323
I got inspired to shorten the cap wires and think this looks better and a shorter path is always better! I much prefer this presentation.

So dusty here, it is frustrating especially if you have something shiny black like the amp. I dust them every 2 days or so.

Second image with the caps directed differently. I am glad Wes mentioned the wires as it inspired me to do something about them. Looks good in person now.

IMG_2810.jpeg
IMG_2812.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 10:46 AM Post #3,357 of 6,323
@jamato8 which is your pick between type 76 and 7193?
7193. The difference from the 7193 and Any other tubes is to me, significant. And, if someone had described the difference, I would have assumed some exaggeration. They need a good 25 hours of burn in.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #3,359 of 6,323
Has anyone done any HA300 mods? Either mk1 or mk2 to improve the sound ? I have heard of someone doing a cap roll that really improved the amp.

Apr 19, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #3,360 of 6,323
Has anyone done any HA300 mods? Either mk1 or mk2 to improve the sound ? I have heard of someone doing a cap roll that really improved the amp.
I have changed the caps, with 4 Duelund. Very tight fit, as Duelund are large but the stock amp is good. The Duelunds allow a little bit more detail and clarity through. Copper cast Duelund. The Duelund copper cast with an internal silver bypass Duelund is also very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back