Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
May 9, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #976 of 6,231
For the record, Cayin has two authorized distributor/dealer for Personal Audio products in US (HERE):

RSM Communications Inc.
Michael Brown
250 South Ronald Reagan Blvd Ste 108 Longwood, FL 32750
800-506-0628

Musicteck
Address:15 Jefferson Ave Tenafly, NJ 07670
Phone: 917-576-4365 +1-9175764365
What about a list of certified technicians, then?

May 11, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #978 of 6,231
I find what you're going through totally awful and to be left without help uninmaginable especially with all your good feedback for this amp in the past.
It is what separates the high-end manufacturers apart, not just the wonderful tech and gear, but the service and support behind it. I wish Cayin could have a bigger presence here in the US just like how Woo Audio has. They both compete for the same set of clientele in the same general price range, but Woo Audio have a superior support, dealer network, and other intangibles.

May 11, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #979 of 6,231
Just curious... what is the difference on shipping the HA300 from LA to FL than say LA to Seattle? Are we talking $25 or $200 ?

May 11, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #980 of 6,231
Just curious... what is the difference on shipping the HA300 from LA to FL than say LA to Seattle? Are we talking $25 or $200 ?
I have no idea, but the shipping weight is about 76 lbs. Big ol' box and all. Why, what's in Seattle?

May 11, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #981 of 6,231
It is what separates the high-end manufacturers apart, not just the wonderful tech and gear, but the service and support behind it. I wish Cayin could have a bigger presence here in the US just like how Woo Audio has. They both compete for the same set of clientele in the same general price range, but Woo Audio have a superior support, dealer network, and other intangibles.
Woo audio has probably the better Support, but internationally they certainly don't have a better Dealer network.
I.e. here in germany I'd have to order directly from Woo Audio in america. No Chance to Audition them at all.
However that means I'd also have international warranty and no distributor Mark up. (Which can be a tremendous price increase on cayin products)
Cayin doesn't offer international warranty at all...
This leaves us with vastly different scenarios depending on region.

However Cayin isn't alone there McIntosh for example has even stricter sale and warranty restrictions.

May 11, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #982 of 6,231
You can likely find a DIY-builder to repair this amp.

In fact, I am positive we may even publish our own schematics and put this company out of business as it deserves.

What a piss poor representation of a company.

May 11, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #983 of 6,231
You can likely find a DIY-builder to repair this amp.

In fact, I am positive we may even publish our own schematics and put this company out of business as it deserves.

What a piss poor representation of a company.
You put in words what I haven’t brought myself to do yet but that’s my sentiments.

This should be none of my business but reading what happened to Jam is beyond sad.

After all the praise and good publicity he has given this amp, he deserves more.

May 11, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #984 of 6,231
I find what you're going through totally awful and to be left without help uninmaginable especially with all your good feedback for this amp in the past.
Yes Cayin has left this gentleman high and dry. The first surprise for me was that they only give 1 year for warranty. Most manufactures will let the time slide if it is close. I actually physically broke the speaker binding post on my PrimaLuna. I contacted them asking if they would sell me a OEM binding post. They responded that they would, but instead asked me to ship my amp to their service center (upscale audio). I had to pay shipping there, but they fixed it for free and they paid for the return shipping for something I broke! What a contrast to the comments given by the Cayin representative on this tread. Truly disappointing.

May 20, 2021 at 12:27 AM Post #986 of 6,231
At least Musictek was helpful enough that when I took it to a local tube amp repair guy here from Westrex, they gave him guidance on what to fix, etc.

May 20, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #987 of 6,231
At least Musictek was helpful enough that when I took it to a local tube amp repair guy here from Westrex, they gave him guidance on what to fix, etc.
Finger cross for you. I have Cayine HA-6A and can imagine your pain.

May 20, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #988 of 6,231
I would have bought a HA-6A last week except I read the customer service issue here. Customer service is significant factor when I buy. Jeff Wells gives amazing customer service. Therefore my new Wells Audio Dragon level II will be arriving via UPS today!

May 20, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #989 of 6,231
Just got it delivered today, my entry into the world of tube amp. Any recommendation for newbie?
20210520_202639.jpg

May 20, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #990 of 6,231
Just got it delivered today, my entry into the world of tube amp. Any recommendation for newbie?
20210520_202639.jpg
Congratulations, tube amps are amazing and you started out BIG!

Unfortunately there is no turning back now, once you heard tube magic you're corrupted for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back