Cayan C5
Jul 19, 2016 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

leo5111

1000+ Head-Fier
Cayan C5, besides the  power differnce between it and the Fiio E12 is it warmer then the E12 or what? and is it a clear sounding amp whether its a warmish amp or neutrual, i mean is sound clean hiss free?

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 3
I am not the best person to answer you, in that comparing gear does not much interest me.  I use a portable amp more or less everyday, and I have owned only two in the last several years. One was a Ray Samuels, which I used until the battery would not hold a charge. I think it was a P51, the little one. That was about the time the C5 came to market.  There was a huge, positive reception--several threads, as I recall.  You should be able to find those.  It was cheap compared to a replacement from Ray Samuels, and it was said to be quiet and had enough power to drive HD800.  Both of these turned out to be true.  I use it mostly with Westone 4r. May only complaint is that it is quite large and heavy, but I will probably use it until something goes wrong with it.  It seems relatively neutral to me, but, as I said, I do not have a significant sample. I sometimes like that I can drive HD800 with it when I am away the big system in the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back