Cave of Forgotten Dreams Soundtrack
Mar 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Usagi

1000+ Head-Fier
This is a documentary addressing a phenomenal anthropological/archaeological discovery; a cave that was discovered in France to contain the oldest drawings ever discovered (20,000 - 30,000 years old). What makes this relevant to Headfi is its soundtrack. Ernst Reijseger's representation of these artifacts is inspiring and intoxicating. Not only is this soundtrack very good, the rest of his works are quite amazing as well. 

This soundtrack can be sampled on iTunes as well as YouTube. Please share you thoughts on his work. 

Cave of Forgotten Dreams Trailer (Viewable via Netflix)

Soundtrack

Cave of Forgotten Dreams Live Concert

Ernst Reijseger Documentary

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 12
Due to no response of any kind, I guess no one listens to good music here on Head-Fi anymore. Musicians like Ernst Reijseger have modernized the genre of classical. His interpretation of Gretchen Am Spinnrade (Voice from Another World) is moving and the climactic ending quite emotional; particularly on a Hifiman HE-5LE. Makes me wonder how a HE-6 or Audeze LCD-3 would fair. 

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 12
I've been to lascaux a few years ago, a very special place indeed.

I'm not sure if like Ernst Reijseger or not, I'll try to dig deeper into his repertoire. thanks for the heads up
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #4 of 12
Is everyone too enamored with Justin Bieber's new hit soundtrack to comment on this artist? Check out the last video in my original post above and forward to 8:37. This is good stuff. I promise.  

The recording quality isn't too shabby as well. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Is everyone too enamored with Justin Bieber's new hit soundtrack to comment on this artist? 

Sad but true, it seems..

Nov 26, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Were you able to dig a little into Reijseger's repertoire and find anything you like?

So far, I'm really into clusone trio . I've just bought "I am an indian".

Dec 8, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 12
Have you ever listened to olivier messiaen's quatuor pour la fin du temps?

It's really nothing like Reijseger but I think that you'll like it.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #10 of 12
So, what did you think of it?

Jan 12, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #11 of 12
I'd say Olivier Messiaen's Quatuor Pour la fin du temps upon first listen appears more light hearted/natured or less melancholy than Ernst Reijseger's Cave of Forgotten Dreams; probably due to Olivier's emphasis on the higher registers. It's a sweeter sound.  

Jan 20, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 12
I'd say Olivier Messiaen's Quatuor Pour la fin du temps upon first listen appears more light hearted/natured or less melancholy than Ernst Reijseger's Cave of Forgotten Dreams; probably due to Olivier's emphasis on the higher registers. It's a sweeter sound.  

I can understand that view point. It mud be said that Messiaen composed it during his detention at the Nazis'.

I can get why one would try to escape such a situation, intellectually at least.

Reijseger's cave doesn't sound modal though, the Quatuor does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back