Cavalli MCTH with HE6 or HE6SE
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fortunate son

100+ Head-Fier
Any impressions from members who have tried the MCTH with the original HE6 or HE6SE would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 6
Well haven’t tried the HE-6 or SE with it but have tried the Abyss which is a bit more sensitive and does sound pretty good but when you turn it up to where the bass starts to get good it kicks the protection circuit and this is not at very loud volume mind you as I don’t tend to listen real loud and my Liquid Carbon is better in my opinion.

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 6
Well haven’t tried the HE-6 or SE with it but have tried the Abyss which is a bit more sensitive and does sound pretty good but when you turn it up to where the bass starts to get good it kicks the protection circuit and this is not at very loud volume mind you as I don’t tend to listen real loud and my Liquid Carbon is better in my opinion.
Thanks!

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 6
Not a problem great little amp but maybe not for low sensitivity planars.

Nov 14, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #5 of 6
Not a problem great little amp but maybe not for low sensitivity planars.
I was afraid that might be the case. I've been using the CTH and a 28V upgraded power supply with the original HE5 (87db sensitivity) and it works great with plenty of power and gain. Which is interesting to me because my Woo WA6 Gen 1 (which sounds a bit better to me than the CTH overall) runs out of gain on some recordings with the HE5 before I can get it loud enough to enjoy the music. On those recordings, I switch to the CTH and have plenty of gain. So, I will pass on the HE6 or SE and enjoy what I have. Update: I bought a Cavalli LP which is a step up in SQ over the CTH and I have lost interest in the HE6 and HE6SE.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #6 of 6
Have the HE-500’s and the CTH does all it needs for them. Not too surprising the Woo runs out of gain though my Amps and Sounds Kenzie can’t handle the Abyss either but the WA 5 does really well with the Abyss but too costly for me right now and have a few other amps to check out. Still my original Liquid Carbon is just great with the Abyss for me now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back