Cavalli EHHA Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amp
Jul 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #826 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Notice that was POINTX% as in (decimal place). I have reached a point where the differences are more subtle than my ability to descern...

Conflict of interest prevents me from saying exactly how the EHHA would compare to say, a CTH. You decide tomorrow!

Nice going on the EHHA Bill. Am so looking forward to impressions from this meet. Wish I could be there. The CTh is on a different playing field compared to the EHHA. For eg: I can't take the EHHA with me to India in october but I can take my CTH with me
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still think the CTH is pretty awesome too.

Aye!..for its size, with a 6CG7 tube in it, it scares me with the level of detail and musicality it can dish out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know, a certain geeky designer might be there too if you wait long enough.
ph34r.gif

Whoa!..u serious...damn! Now there's a meet I would want to be at.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #827 of 1,823
layout.jpg

This is my very first PCB layout. If someone is interested, I could post the BOM and eagle files. It's PMillets design and I tried to get it in one layer to diy the board.

Reason for posting this here is as a sanity check. Never did that before.

The distance between traces is 15mil and traces are 50mil wide, to stand the current.

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #828 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifthanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my very first PCB layout. If someone is interested, I could post the BOM and eagle files. It's PMillets design and I tried to get it in one layer to diy the board.

The distance between traces is 15mil and traces are 50mil wide, to stand the current.

Looks good. Might want to make sure its okay with Pete before you release the gerber files.
I would just personally make it on a perf board. Faster and it works perfectly fine.

Jul 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #829 of 1,823
Or you can just buy a kit for $24. Just add a transformer.

KIT

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #832 of 1,823
Quote:

thanks sachu and looser!

the reason I'm doing this on PCB is, because I've finally got some free time, to learn eagle and try out the toner transfer method.

No harm in that. Have fun.

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #833 of 1,823
Quote:

layout.jpg

Two things. Making the distance between traces wider would probably make it easier to etch without bridges. Get the electrolytics away from the heatsink. Depending on what you are powering that heatsink can get quite hot.

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #834 of 1,823
Sorry to keep you all in suspense- the EHHA is Done Enuf For The Meet (needs final AC wiring) but it's cased. Pics soon - or make you wait til tomorrow!

Oh, Cased AND working ...

Jul 25, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #840 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You running that K1K SE? What's the output wattage/imp. of the EHHA?

Balanced (I re-terminated Smeggy's). Don't know the numbers offhand, but you can search this thread!

EDIT: Found it - MEGAWATTS
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back