Cavalli EHHA Embedded Hybrid Headphone Amp
Jul 24, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #811 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Supremely sad news - The Amp Gremlins have gotten my Sigma22 - it is nonfunctional. 'Twas working perfectly last time I put the amp away - I just got it down for one last check before casing - AC in no DC out.

Try a little troubleshooting, but my op points don't match TI's PDF (42V in on a 30V trafo...)

EDIT: DUH, rectified DC...

I have parts for another one I think , just don't know if I have time to build it up...

man..you've got to be kidding me. That's just criminal in its timing.
frown.gif

Give us some info will ya...let's see if we can troubleshoot that bugger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh no. I was looking forward to hearing it. Believe it or not I have never heard an EHHA.
frown.gif

You really need to get with the program dude. Kits are only 110$
wink.gif
tongue.gif

I will ship mine out to you once it is cased up. (getting there finally)

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #812 of 1,823
Well, I decided to build up my second s22 - positive is regulating but negative is not (40V) I have yet to troubleshoot, i'll post over in the Sigma thread...

EDIT: thought there was a σ22 thread on here... back to checking things...

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #815 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DC_fil6.jpg

I realize this is not the best timing, but could you tell me which common mode choke you used? I found this TKD one TDK|ACM7060-701-2PL|DROSSEL, GLEICHTAKT, 700OHM, 4A | Farnell Deutschland

4A max (I'll use two of these boards, so it'll see at most 2A) , 15mOhm and 700Ohm at 100MHz.

The other available CMCs are wound on a common toroid.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #816 of 1,823
Cold solder joint on one of the Current limiting diodes, yippie! thanks for the good vibes, EHHA is making music again, on the board. Dare I case it?

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #818 of 1,823
Dare he hook up some K1000 to his Qinpu?
wink.gif
(Smeggy, listening to your freshly balanced K1K's now...

I passed over in to 'all these amps sound awesome + .x%" land a while ago...

Plus he won't even listen to it unless I get it into a case
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #819 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus he won't even listen to it unless I get it into a case
biggrin.gif

Precisely. I'll listen to it either way, of course. So hey, Bill, what kind of values of "x" are we talking for our "awesome + x%"?

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #820 of 1,823
Notice that was POINTX% as in (decimal place). I have reached a point where the differences are more subtle than my ability to descern...

Conflict of interest prevents me from saying exactly how the EHHA would compare to say, a CTH. You decide tomorrow!

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #821 of 1,823
Way to recuse yourself, MOTMOTMOT.

I'll be there bright and early, covered in bells, taking pictures of embarassed nerds and their publicly-derided toys.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #823 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifthanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I realize this is not the best timing, but could you tell me which common mode choke you used? I found this TKD one TDK|ACM7060-701-2PL|DROSSEL, GLEICHTAKT, 700OHM, 4A | Farnell Deutschland

4A max (I'll use two of these boards, so it'll see at most 2A) , 15mOhm and 700Ohm at 100MHz.

It's not necessary, me thinks. I believe the original design was for a DHT tube heater.

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #825 of 1,823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifthanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't worry about the choke. It is only there for filtering. Even without the choke you will have a pretty solid Heater supply there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back