Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Jan 25, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #2,462 of 2,966
Thanks guys, yep I will patiently wait for the next seller to show up. In the meantime, I'll use the money to give out red pockets to the kids... It's Chinese new year coming up afterall...

The sale fell through? I was about to put in an offer on that thread before I saw your pm post. Price was almost too good to be true.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #2,463 of 2,966
Yeh was all excited at work couldn't wait to pay once I'm off work. But he said he waited too long and I had 4 hours to pay him. I told him deal and thought the deal went through... Apparently not... He refunded me the money but I absorbed the fees for the transaction...

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #2,464 of 2,966
Yeh was all excited at work couldn't wait to pay once I'm off work. But he said he waited too long and I had 4 hours to pay him. I told him deal and thought the deal went through... Apparently not... He refunded me the money but I absorbed the fees for the transaction...

4 hours seems a bit unreasonable.  Especially if you're getting dinged for the fees.  Bummer.

On the plus side, once you have the cable, you'll forget about the cost when you're drowning in sweet tunes.  :-D

Jan 25, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #2,466 of 2,966
Am thinking about buying an Emotiva Stealth to use with my LC to get balanced sound. I currently use it with Mojo and it sounds just great. Use Sennheiser HD 800 or Nighthawks with them.Will it make enough difference in quality to buy the very affordable Stealth and $200-300 for my headphones' cables?

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #2,467 of 2,966
IMHO, no.  You're already getting "balanced sound" thanks to the phase splitter in the LC.  The only difference with the Stealth would be a different DAC implementation that you may or may not like more than the Mojo.  IMHO the Mojo is the best DAC you can get for the price so the Stealth would be a step down at worst, a side-grade at best.  That's a lot of money to spend on a side-grade.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:54 PM Post #2,468 of 2,966
IMHO, no.  You're already getting "balanced sound" thanks to the phase splitter in the LC.  The only difference with the Stealth would be a different DAC implementation that you may or may not like more than the Mojo.  IMHO the Mojo is the best DAC you can get for the price so the Stealth would be a step down at worst, a side-grade at best.  That's a lot of money to spend on a side-grade.

Thank you very much. I think you just saved me some money!

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #2,470 of 2,966
Feb 2, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2,471 of 2,966
Feb 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #2,475 of 2,966
@hansotek verdict?

Here was the original classified w/ all the info on the cable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/763262/fs-diy-dhc-nucleotide-macromolecule-8-wire-for-hd800-7-feet-4-pin-xlr-carbon-y-split-plug-price-drop-for-quick-sale-today-or-tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back