Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,388 of 2,966
Nah, throw it in a headphone carrying case, easy to transport.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #2,389 of 2,966
Thanks for the reply! But ermmm....ho hum? No hum perhaps?

smily_headphones1.gif
of course! Ho hum on your LC voids the warranty i guess....
biggrin.gif

Scanspeakman

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,391 of 2,966
Acquired the Liquid Carbon, and had the warranty transferred.  Can't say I'm not impressed by both the amp and the service. Really smooth handling especially on the customer service side....will definitely do more listening. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #2,392 of 2,966
I've never had a hum issue in my gen 1. I can't remember even trying it single ended.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #2,393 of 2,966

The only time I detected hum with my V1 was using the single ended output and balanced input. SE input from the DAC never gave any hum on SE or balanced output. Tying chassis ground of the DAC and amp together removed any hum regardless of input and output mix and match. It is just too easy to run a patch cable from one channel of the DAC to one channel of the LC then use balanced in. Resulting in No hum on either output. I use the LC regularly. I have not thought being without it worth  sending it in to have it "fixed".

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2,394 of 2,966
What is a good DAC to with USB input to feed the liquid carbon?

Is it correct that the liquid carbon is warm? I am hoping for more natural.

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #2,395 of 2,966
Yes the liquid carbon is warm...take a ess 9018 chip...she is very detailled so very good with the liquid carbon...I have a stoner accoustics end game dac with my lc...its a good combination for me...sorry for my bad english

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #2,396 of 2,966
Yes the liquid carbon is warm...take a ess 9018 chip...she is very detailled so very good with the liquid carbon...I have a stoner accoustics end game dac with my lc...its a good combination for me...sorry for my bad english

Same DAC here. Perfect combination. Same size, Even look a little the same style. Balanced outputs. And really good sound!

Scanspeakman

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,398 of 2,966
  Exactly. 

Regarding the Mojo, having it SE into a Cavalli makes it a better overall listening experience then other DAC's I've used that cost 3-4x as much. 

Even compared to the gumby? I'm looking for a new dac and I have heard the gumby which sounds amazing but not the mojo. Any thoughts on this from others who have tried either or both?

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #2,399 of 2,966
  Even compared to the gumby? I'm looking for a new dac and I have heard the gumby which sounds amazing but not the mojo. Any thoughts on this from others who have tried either or both?

Great question! While I've heard the Gungnir in its original form, I don't have hands-on experience with the Gumby. However, I know many people that like it very much, some even the same or slightly more than the Yggy. I would therefore highly recommend that people take a look at the Gumby, especially for someone looking for a non-DS DAC. Cheers 

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #2,400 of 2,966
I think both Mojo and Gumby are quite good, when played through the Carbon.

I do not have a personal preference, and switch from one to the other without missing the sound from the other (not being played DAC). If you asked the same question into speakers, I would respond quite differently, having made this comparison just a weekend ago. But through headphones, I like them both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back