Cavalli Audio Presents: Pocket your Portable - Naming Contest
Nov 3, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #32 of 152
Liquid Go-Flow

Sorry, not in Facebook

Are folks posting their entries they've already put in through the facebook competition, or are they just giving out freebies for people to enter into the competition?

Also, I'm not sure you need to be on Facebook to do the competition, you just have to go to the contest link. No time to confirm right now, though.

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #33 of 152
Are folks posting their entries they've already put in through the facebook competition, or are they just giving out freebies for people to enter into the competition?

Also, I'm not sure you need to be on Facebook to do the competition, you just have to go to the contest link. No time to confirm right now, though.

The link provided is to Facebook, as I'm not interested in FB but in Cavalli - I feel they should have allowed folks in here to join the contest by entering the new name here. Why put a link here to FB here when your target group is in here? Must be me being old-school.

Anyway, hoping Cavalli will reconsider and check this thread for useful names dropped by useful HF members - my entry wasn't intended to be a freebie -

Nov 3, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #34 of 152
Facebook lets you vote once if you use email, when you try the next day it displays:

Thank you for submitting your name! Your entry has been received. Remember you can enter one name each day until November 13th, 2015 at 12PM (CDT). So keep 'em coming, and good luck!

Even clearing cookies does not seem to help. Any ideas?

redface.gif
And who under 30 uses Facebook anymore, is it still a thing?

I have lots more ideas for the name, even if I do not win, trust me, they are very good!

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #37 of 152
I wonder if the site rejects names that have already been submitted before?

The contest does not serve that kind of database filtering. So all names are accepted. Duplicates will be judged by the earliest database timestamp that particular name was received. 

Quote:

Even clearing cookies does not seem to help. Any ideas?

redface.gif
And who under 30 uses Facebook anymore, is it still a thing?

Looking in to this. Most people have no problem entering in consecutive days, but a few are. It may be a restriction that does not just reset at midnight, for example, but you have to actually wait 24 hours. Stay tuned!

Quote:
Edit:
People not using FB won't be posting there through email either, I certainly won't.

Good luck

You don't need an account to make a submission. Facebook is simply hosting the contest. We would have to host it somewhere anyway, and HF doesn't have the backend support to host here. FB was chosen for convenience, since a lot of fans are there already, just made the most sense. Sure, you're right, it won't be ideal or convenient for everyone. 

Remember, only names entered through the contest entry form are considered an official entry!

Good luck all! Thanks for the feedback. 

Nov 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 152
Quote:
Edit:
People not using FB won't be posting there through email either, I certainly won't.

Good luck

You don't need an account to make a submission. Facebook is simply hosting the contest. We would have to host it somewhere anyway, and HF doesn't have the backend support to host here. FB was chosen for convenience, since a lot of fans are there already, just made the most sense. Sure, you're right, it won't be ideal or convenient for everyone. 

Remember, only names entered through the contest entry form are considered an official entry!

Good luck all! Thanks for the feedback. 

Okay, I did give it a go...... see FB notification below, looks reassuring to me.

Submitted mine in an attempt to get it etched in the device and have it delivered to my doorstep
biggrin.gif

Thanks, good luck with the contest, hopefully the right/adequate name will be there for you 
beerchug.gif