Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Sep 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #751 of 1,195
  I would hate to put words into anyones mouth but it seems a bit too early to estimate the production ramp up time and the maximum reached efficiency of production though.

That said, lets assume that all the components are in stock and you start on November 1st putting them all together. If they can put together 25 units a day, then that would take 20 days to manufacture all 500 units. I would assume even after assembly some QC is done, so maybe in a given week you only get 60 units out the door and assuming a slower estimate than my last number of 25 a day. With 60 units in a week, it would take about 9 weeks to complete the batch.

As is the case with a lot of things, I would assume there is ramp up time, so maybe the first week only 30-40 units ship, then the next week we should expect a 15-25% increase in production. Lets say they peak at 75 units a week, then we still would have completion in about 7 weeks of time. 

If they manage to ramp up to 100+ units a week ready to ship out, then this would mean that once ramped up, it would be less than 5 weeks to completion of the production batch. I think that this would be the goal of Dr. Cavalli so he can get everyone their unit before Christmas 

That seems pretty conservative.  He's given the impression in the past that he'll be getting them out faster than that...

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #752 of 1,195

That seems pretty conservative.  He's given the impression in the past that he'll be getting them out faster than that...

That is even better then. I was trying to be very conservative and completely basing my math off numbers that seemed easily attainable in a well practiced supply chain/manufacturing process. I would be really happy to find that my unit comes within 4 weeks of the first deliveries, but will be okay if its a little longer than that.

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #753 of 1,195
If the LH Labs experience has taught us anything, it's:  if you're buying into a pre-production product, you're as well to just forget about it until one day it turns up at your door.  Not getting at Cavalli at all, but unless you're completely self-sufficient in the entire production process end to end, it's all but impossible to predict an accurate timescale because you'll always be subject to another person's schedule and priorities (whatever they may "commit" to at the outset). Having said that, the LH Labs snafu has a load of other ingredients in there too, but I won't get into that here!

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #754 of 1,195
  If the LH Labs experience has taught us anything, it's:  if you're buying into a pre-production product, you're as well to just forget about it until one day it turns up at your door.  Not getting at Cavalli at all, but unless you're completely self-sufficient in the entire production process end to end, it's all but impossible to predict an accurate timescale because you'll always be subject to another person's schedule and priorities (whatever they may "commit" to at the outset). Having said that, the LH Labs snafu has a load of other ingredients in there too, but I won't get into that here!

Agree Mark. 

Sep 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #755 of 1,195

As a early contributor to that, I know the pains of the whole mess. The biggest issue at the end was the amount of SKU's they had to fulfill and the less than ideal nature of the whole process. The Liquid Carbon only has one option, Color. Which is to say, It comes in any color you want as long as its black..... :-D

Sep 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #757 of 1,195
  Suits me. As for schedule, I hope it will get here when Dr. Cavalli thinks it is ready for listening; not a moment before.

Honestly, My math was a bit off. I had thought it was said Mid November was initial shipping date, but it appears just to be early november. So the start time is a bit off. That means they likely will start final assembly in the end of October, ramping up to maximum efficiency by the end of November the absolute latest. That would mean we should expect our units before end of year.

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #758 of 1,195
  Honestly, My math was a bit off. I had thought it was said Mid November was initial shipping date, but it appears just to be early november. So the start time is a bit off. That means they likely will start final assembly in the end of October, ramping up to maximum efficiency by the end of November the absolute latest. That would mean we should expect our units before end of year.

Interesting guess!

Sep 16, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #759 of 1,195
I use fuzzy math so I am shooting for Christmas (my gift to myself) but if it comes in Nov then
atsmile.gif
 and disappointment starts if by 2016.  That is my fuzzy math to keep me going.

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #761 of 1,195
I wasn't expecting an exact time frame. I'm sure Alex has a rough idea of how many they 'should' be able to put out a week. Also want to know how many of the 500 are left. Don't remember reading that anywhere.

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #763 of 1,195
I have it on very good authority that they will be available until they're not.

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:44 AM Post #764 of 1,195
I have it on very good authority that they will be available until they're not.

Well said.

I asked recently and Alex said that the 500 units have not all been reserved. This is about 1 week ago. No mention of how many are left or how long production will take but RMAF is coming up, maybe someone can get an answer during that.

Sep 17, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #765 of 1,195
Seems the best way to do it. I can't afford the LC at the moment (bloody Aussie dollar), but if I can scrounge up some funds before the LC is no longer available/increases in price, I'll be over the moon with happiness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back