Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Nov 20, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #1,038 of 1,195
I just got my Liquid Carbon but whats with the two switch in front panel?  One looks to be a gain switch (white/red) and another I don't have a clue (white/red).  My Noble 8C is barely making any noise I think I'm missing something...

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #1,039 of 1,195
nvm got it, the sound started coming after turning the farthest right one red.  What is this.. stupid me :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #1,041 of 1,195
  nvm got it, the sound started coming after turning the farthest right one red.  What is this.. stupid me :)

Hi. There is a manual at http://www.cavalliaudio.com/liquidcarbon/manual

The text on the included card is incorrect.

Edit: I guess I wasn't fast enough. :)

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #1,042 of 1,195
Hello folks. A problem update on the first batch.

At least some of the packages that went out USPS have something wrong in the address and are being returned to sender. I don't know why this is happening and have contacted the fulfillment people to get to the bottom of it.

But, if you are overseas and asked for USPS shipping and you get a "undeliverable" notice please contact us right away.

Thanks.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #1,043 of 1,195
Alex I would send you a pic of the blemish but I didn't take pics. Also noticed that the foam protecting the unit was shifted in the box a bit. The unit is fine however I think you should be aware. Maybe a full foam cutout is needed? Anyways I am enjoying it immensely! So far I'm loving it. Here's a few pics of my headphone station setup.

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #1,044 of 1,195
Hi, a couple of you guys had asked what the customs duties were in the UK. I've just opened the dreaded FedEx letter and the damage is £110.47 which is approximately $168 meaning the total cost to the UK was £504.77 or $767.

I flew back from Dublin last night so have only had the unit overnight and I'm going through the recommended 150 hour burn-in period but obviously have had to sneak in a bit of listening and so far so good.

I intend to take it with me on my weekly travels so can anyone recommend a suitable case that will protect it but isn't too bulky?

Finally, I purchased a Merlin Tarantula power cable but have found the IEC connection to be a bit loose so will return it. Can any UK owners recommend one that will fit flush to the unit?

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #1,045 of 1,195
Nov 21, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #1,047 of 1,195
Hi, a couple of you guys had asked what the customs duties were in the UK. I've just opened the dreaded FedEx letter and the damage is £110.47 which is approximately $168 meaning the total cost to the UK was £504.77 or $767.

I flew back from Dublin last night so have only had the unit overnight and I'm going through the recommended 150 hour burn-in period but obviously have had to sneak in a bit of listening and so far so good.

I intend to take it with me on my weekly travels so can anyone recommend a suitable case that will protect it but isn't too bulky?

Finally, I purchased a Merlin Tarantula power cable but have found the IEC connection to be a bit loose so will return it. Can any UK owners recommend one that will fit flush to the unit?

Thanks for that. It's helpful to know the customs damage in advance.

This case looks like it could hold the amp and cables. There is a smaller version which is annoyingly just slightly under the amp dimensions. Might be worth a try in case it's slightly larger than stated.

Nov 21, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,048 of 1,195
This particular problem will only affect the small number of USPS shipments in this batch. If I have to I will fly to LA to make sure it doesn't happen on the rest.

I will he is referring to the parts delay

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,049 of 1,195

This particular problem will only affect the small number of USPS shipments in this batch. If I have to I will fly to LA to make sure it doesn't happen on the rest.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant the front/back plate delay!

Nov 21, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,050 of 1,195
  Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant the front/back plate delay!

Oh. No, they are not related problems. The USPS issue is easy to fix on the next round. The panels are simply manufacturing and finishing time.

I should have update for you all tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back