cause me even more confusion
Aug 23, 2005 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tuatara

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so i'm probably going to end up going round in circles even more by asking for advice 'cause i know there's so many conflicting opinions but here goes anyway.
I have 3 headphones now that I'm pretty happy with, the sr225,RS1 and AtW1000. Having had extended time with HD650 , SR325i and ATH AD2000 I haven't heard anything that temps me to change there, but I would like to replace my SXH1 with a valve amp.
I have almost narrowed my opions down to a couple of choices. One is the Mapletree Audio Ear + Purist HD or the other to upgrade my Arcam cdp player at the same time and get the Minimax cpd and just use the headphone out on that.
I'd really like to hear any opinions from members who have actually heard any of my phones with either of my choices, no idle speculation please, i'm confused enough as it is.
I wouild like to be able to consider the Raptor or perhaps a singlepower but have decided to limit my budget to around US$700(which will be double by the time exchange rates, freight and import duty are added
frown.gif
)

Aug 24, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 6
All too late, just took the plunge and ordered one of the Ear+Purist HD100 amps.

Aug 24, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #4 of 6
You will be happy with that combo. I use a Mapletree Ear Purist HD with my HD650 and my Grado/Alessadro MS2. My digital source is an Arcam FMJ CD player. I've listened to a lot of amps lately, even own a few alternatives, but my Mapletree is the one I listen to most of the time.

Aug 24, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 6
Made the payment. Should be too old to get this excited.
My friend is getting a Raptor from Ray Samuels so we should be able to do some interesting comparisons.
Between us we can rustle up sr60,225,325I,RS1,HD650,W1000 and ATH-AD2000 which should provide a few hours of enjoyment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back