Cat-Fi
Nov 7, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #737 of 1,402
Which pair does kitty like best? And how well do they fit? Any trouble listening when kitty has their glasses on? :)
The GH2's rule. The Hemp's will be moving on. He loves the Cocobolo dark wood.

Nov 7, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #738 of 1,402
Looks like neither to me

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #739 of 1,402
I know what I'm Thankful for...
thanksgiving1.jpg

thanksgiving2.jpg

thanksgiving3.jpg

thanksgiving4.jpg

An aluminum turkey roaster with rounded corners is what I used. His litter box stays by the toilet and I showed him what it was but didn't force him, leaving his box in place so he'll have time ot get iused to it. But we're going to fast track this.

He's been inside one week today and stopped crying in the morning 3 days ago. He has really enriched my life.​

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #740 of 1,402
My baby girl absolutely loves to help me with my audio gear. She's 15 and spry. Always helping me with cables, twist ties, and she loves to snuggle and listen to music with me :)

Ti9WASV.jpg

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #742 of 1,402
My baby girl absolutely loves to help me with my audio gear. She's 15 and spry. Always helping me with cables, twist ties, and she loves to snuggle and listen to music with me :)

Ti9WASV.jpg
Beautiful

Nov 21, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #743 of 1,402
Tut has been inside with me now for 3-4 weeks. I've been here with him the whole time and I'm the only one he's had contact with. I opened the blinds so he could sit in the window and look out. That's the hearter too so it's warm sitting there.

fats-0.jpg

He's never had it this good.

fats-1.jpg

Look at that fat belly!

fats-2.jpg

Wha... I didn't see you there.

fats-3.jpg

Oh, you're making fun of me...

fats-4.jpg

Well, how's about you fix us something to eat?

Dec 5, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #745 of 1,402
Tut has been inside with me now for 3-4 weeks. I've been here with him the whole time and I'm the only one he's had contact with. I opened the blinds so he could sit in the window and look out. That's the hearter too so it's warm sitting there.

fats-0.jpg

He's never had it this good.

fats-1.jpg

Look at that fat belly!

fats-2.jpg

Wha... I didn't see you there.

fats-3.jpg

Oh, you're making fun of me...

fats-4.jpg

Well, how's about you fix us something to eat?
Aww, so cute! :D

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #746 of 1,402
He loves the laser pointer... He knows the sound it makes when you click it, even if there are no batteries in it.
He knows that "bug' has something to do with that thing I hold in my hand and if he see that I have it will start looking around for the dot.

It's never too early or too late to play and if he wants to play will come sit by me. I paint it in small circles around him and get him to chase his tail till he's dizzy and starts to fall over. At first I thought he might puke, he eats a tonne, but he loves it and being an outside cat gives him something to hunt indoors.

I bought the one I have now at Family Dollar after I bought the other one on ebay. Before that I had a video game called "CatAlone" on my Android and he could play with one on it. I have a case on my phone and just put it on the floor for him.

I looked at some of the pix took when I first brought him in and he looks a lot better. His coat is nice and he is getting heavy.
Somebody has spoiled him, I don't know who...

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #748 of 1,402
He's the best cat I've ever had and has made such a difference in my life. He jumps up in the bed when I lay down and is cute as can be when he's sleeping. I haven't worked on him using the toilet but he uses the pan thing that will go in the toilet faithfully.

I have to take him to the vet to get his shots so I can clear him with Housing and had a woman ask her vet about him. I don't want to get him neutered but will do what it takes to take good care of him.

He loves the laser...

lasercat1.jpg

lasercat3.jpg

lasercat2.jpg

Dec 23, 2022 at 8:19 PM Post #749 of 1,402
He's the best cat I've ever had and has made such a difference in my life. He jumps up in the bed when I lay down and is cute as can be when he's sleeping. I haven't worked on him using the toilet but he uses the pan thing that will go in the toilet faithfully.

I have to take him to the vet to get his shots so I can clear him with Housing and had a woman ask her vet about him. I don't want to get him neutered but will do what it takes to take good care of him.

He loves the laser...

lasercat1.jpg
lasercat3.jpg
lasercat2.jpg
I love Orange cats!

A few recommendations:

1) Get a water dish with a recirculating pump. Cats love fresh, filtered, running water.

2) Dry food only. Keeps their teeth from rotting. Wet food gets stuck in between their teeth.

3) Feed the highest quality food you can afford - cats diets are very finnickey. Their tastes are also. Buy small bags at first, and when you switch brands, mix it slowly into the old food over the course of a week. Cats don't like instant changes.

4) Cats don't always let you know when they're sick. You need to monitor their waste from time to time, checking for blood in the urine (UTI) or runny stool.

5) Watch out when playing for when the ears go flat....someone is ready to pounce!

Enjoy your new fluffball!

Dec 26, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #750 of 1,402
Since you mentioned it, I noticed in his mouth, on his gums, there are small dark spots that look like melanin deposits. I didn't notice them till I got him inside and when I posted the first photo of him thought it was from hjim getting in a fight.

I looked it up and orange cats have what it called feline freckles, or lentigo:

"Why Do Orange Cats Have Black Spots?

The most common reason for these dark spots is lentigo, a genetic condition in which there is an increase in the number of epidermal melanocytes. As these pigment-producing cells multiply, small black or brown spots appear on your cat’s face.

Orange cats are not the only color affected by lentigo. Black spots can also pop up on tortoiseshell, calico, yellow, and flame-point cats. Middle-aged to older cats are most commonly affected, but lentigo can appear in cats as young as a year old.

What Are the Signs of Lentigo in Cats?

When lentigo first appears in cats, it often pops up on the lips as tiny dots, before spreading to the eyelids, gums, and nose. As the cat ages, the spots will become more widespread and may grow larger. Often, a small cluster of spots will grow together to form a large patch of pigment.

Small lesions may appear close together, discoloring a larger area. The lesions are either brown or black, small in size, and are usually flat, but may appear raised. With a clearly defined border, there is no redness or other skin changes surrounding the lesions. Cats also appear to be comfortable with these “freckles,” as they do not seem to be itchy or irritating.

What Are the Causes of Lentigo in Cats?

While freckles are associated with sun exposure in people, the exact cause of lentigo in cats is unknown. The appearance of these feline freckles does not seem to coincide with increased sun exposure.

Regardless of the underlying trigger, lentigo spots result from pigment-producing cells called melanocytes making more melanin than the surrounding skin. It is thought that the gene that codes for orange coat color is unstable and reverts back to its more natural "non-orange," dark gene over time, but this theory has not been confirmed.

How Is Lentigo in Cats Diagnosed and Treated?

Veterinarians often diagnose lentigo based on a thorough physical exam, the presenting clinical signs, and by checking for any other health conditions. Occasionally, lentigo spots can appear similar to melanoma, so your veterinarian may take a fine needle aspirate of a suspicious spot to search for cancerous cells under the microscope.

Lentigo is not a form of cancer, nor will it grow to become cancer. The only concern is that lentigo spots can mask melanoma spots, which makes routine veterinary exams critical for monitoring. If you notice a raised black spot on your cat, contact your veterinarian, as raised spots tend to be cancerous more often than flat spots.

Since lentigo is a benign, cosmetic condition, like human freckles or age spots, there is no need for treatment—simply enjoy your kitty’s freckles."

https://www.thesprucepets.com/orange-tabby-black-spots-nose-lips-3384890

It worried me that it might be cancer at first but he doesn't act like it hurts or he is in pain. He had some soups treats tonight for Christmas. but I don't think I can get a shot of them unless I catch him yawning.

It's just the two of us and he likes to be near and sleep close to his Dad, the big Shotokan tiger. Dad will be taking his little boy to the vet after the 1st for his shots and will mention it.

Shotokan-Tiger.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back