Cassette Adapters(Panasonic, Sony, Monster, etc)
Jun 5, 2005 at 7:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cassette adapter so that I can use my M3 on the road. I've used the search function and read up all that I can on cassette adapters, but I have a few questions of my own. Based on the reviews at Amazon, it seems like the Monster adapter is surprisingly a poor product, and that the Sony adapter is fairly good but has some compatability issues with certain car decks. I can't find a dirrect review, but every now and then I'd see a stray comment within a review or thread about Panasonic adapters being very good. With that in mind, has anybody tried a Panasonic adapter before? The Panasonic website sells the adapter for $20 and a car kit that also includes a power adapter for $40(the Sony site has the same package for $30). $20 seems kind of steep for a cassette adapter, are the higher priced name brand adapters really worth the $10+ difference as compared to the random no-name adapters? And I also have a vertical mounted cassette deck in my car (98 Ford Contour), do all cassette adapters work with this style of cassette deck or do I need to look for a specific adapter? Any reviews or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
lambda.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back