Cassette Adapter vs. Bluetooth 3.0 vs. Auxiliary Input
Jun 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tom1l21

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have a 2005 Prius and the stock stereo comes with a cassette player.  Technically, there is no auxiliary port, however, I have heard of some methods to access it behind the stock stereo.

I have been using a crappy radioshack cassette adapter for the last 3 years (it just broke today) and I dislike having to plug/unplug my adapter from my HTC EVO every time I get in and get out of my car.  I would like to find a wireless solution and I was wondering....

1.  How would you classify the quality/bit-rate of a cassette adapter?  i.e. sounds like 128kbps etc.

2.  Is auxiliary input a big upgrade from  a cassette adapter?

3.  How is the sound quality of Bluetooth 3.0 adapters and are they on par with auxiliary input?  I hear the limiting factor is connection issues, but since it would be in my car, I don't see an issue here.

I mainly listen to EDM ~320kbps with some FLAC mixed in.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! 

Jun 19, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply!  I believe my car has bluetooth 2.1 and NO A2DP, so would my only solution be to find a bluetooth 3.0 adapter and somehow plug it into my auxiliary input on my stereo (providing that I can find it)?  I'd imagine that would be the only way to get a BT 3.0 adapter to work with my radio.  Honestly, I would love to get a new receiver, but I HATE losing the functionality of my buttons on my steering wheel.

Jun 22, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #7 of 7
I've never heard a decent sounding FM transmitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back