Cases for 3G iPod Nano
Sep 29, 2007 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Mansize_tissue

100+ Head-Fier
In conjunction with getting a new 3G iPod Nano, I'd like to get a case, or something similar, for it to stop the back getting scratched. I was wondering, how good are these Invisible Shields? They seem like a pretty good option, since they add little to no bulk to the player. What do you think about them: are they worth it, or would a proper silicone case be more appropriate?

Thank you.

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 31
invisible shields are amazing

i have one on my 5g ipod and there is still not a scratch on it and ive been using it for nearly a year now

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #3 of 31
Although I use a BSE, I second Iceroid's vote. No scratches and no bulk - just don't drop it!

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #4 of 31
I emailed Corey at Core Cases and he said they should have something in three weeks or so. I have one of their cases for my 2nd Gen Nano and it's excellent!

http://corecases.com/

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #5 of 31
Sep 30, 2007 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting to get the switcheasy black biscuit. Until I get a case, I refuse to use my nano since I have an unhealthy obsession about keeping things in perfect condition

I was just wondering, why this one over the others available? Like you, I'm going to make sure I've got a case before I even order the iPod Nano.

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 31
Oct 1, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 31
I have a question or two about the Invisible Shields available for the new iPod Nano. I'd really like to get one, but are they difficult to... install? Also, how hard are they to get off the player? Say I want to sell the iPod and, before, I'd need to take off the Invisible Shield; would it leave any sort of residue or anything? One more thing, how good are they; I mean, I don't want the corners to start flapping up after a few days after being put in and our of my pocket and grit to get underneath it.

Thanks again.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #10 of 31
the biscuit looks like a winner, don't get the ez- gear one I have it and it fits way too loose and I paid 24.95!! Im going to order the biscuit, after I play halo 3 a while i'll takes some pics to show you what I mean about the ez gear case. Here are some pics of my ez gear case:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...cture004-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...cture003-3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture001.jpg

I have to say I'm dissapointed, the cheap silicone case I got off e-bay was better quality.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting to get the switcheasy black biscuit. Until I get a case, I refuse to use my nano since I have an unhealthy obsession about keeping things in perfect condition

i bought the black biscuit. it's pretty cool...i'm usually a best skins ever or some other clear film-type protector, but the nano is so small that a cover doesn't really add much bulk at all. you lose a little bit of brightness and clarity with that plastic see-through screen, but it's not that bad.

the thing i like about the biscuit is that it comes with a little headphone port adapter so you can use a lot of different headphones with the biscuit attached. this adapter looks as thought it would fit on the iphone as well, which will be useful when i pick up an iphone in january...

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i bought the black biscuit. it's pretty cool...i'm usually a best skins ever or some other clear film-type protector, but the nano is so small that a cover doesn't really add much bulk at all. you lose a little bit of brightness and clarity with that plastic see-through screen, but it's not that bad.

the thing i like about the biscuit is that it comes with a little headphone port adapter so you can use a lot of different headphones with the biscuit attached. this adapter looks as thought it would fit on the iphone as well, which will be useful when i pick up an iphone in january...

Do movies still look good? bright enough.

Thanks.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #13 of 31
those are nice but if you want to preserve your wheel as well you should just get a leather/suede sleeve for it to put it in. it's stylish and quite functional. I think it will preserve it better and is not that impractical either. also you can enjoy the nice material the nano is made out of without a case on it all the time.

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #15 of 31
The black biscuit sounds like something that would require heavy doses of penicillin to clear.
wink.gif

It does look like a nice solution though.

I'm still going to wait for the Core Case as I liked my last one so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back