CASEA Orion Lite
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

knopi

500+ Head-Fier
I am impatiently waiting for this. Firslty I wanted their new preamp but I am waiting so long it is still in develop so I chose their dac in the end.

This version Lite is heart of the full Orion. Full Orion will have some extra features like casea hardware upsampler, XVi - virtual ground, battery, new design of chasis etc etc. and the price of the full version will be in category close to true highend like Meitner MA1, AMR DP777 etc.  
Specification (provisional, will edit it):
  1. Supported automatic sampling rates from 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192KHz at word lenght up to 24 bits to all digitial inputs, 1 x USB (technology X2S), 2x S/PDIF, 1 x S/PDIF sync
  1. Full asynchronous transfer mode data into buffer, full galvanic isolation
  1. Output: 1 x RCA, 1 x balanced XLR
  1. Two high precision custom low oscillators casea next to 2 x AD1955
  2. Windows USB Audio Class 2.0 driver implemented (Linux and Apple USB natively support)
  3. Recomended players Amarra, cPlay (no need resampler, only ASIO)

Price €2200

Photos by KRAT

And I look forward a lot on thier news (this year maybe another year who knows) reference preamp Cassiopea, Network player, CDPro, maybe even amp for planars, new website..interesting

Apr 8, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #3 of 5
After 50 hours I am starting to love it is very transparent and real sounding! Casea claims it needs at least 100 hours and they also claims it was harmonize during development with real instruments with the help of a professional musicians . More impressions after 1 month, maybe even with one interesting comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back