Case for iPod mini that works with dock?
Jun 10, 2004 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

appar111

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got a dock last night as a birthday gift from my girlfriend (along with Yngwie Malmsteen's "Trial By Fire" album-- yay!) and wondered if there were any good cases to use with the mini so that I don't have to take it out of the case to use with the dock.

I have an XSkn exo3mini, and I know they make a "flip" version (which is basically just the exo3mini with a slit on the back at the bottom), but are there other options?

I made a slit in my exo3mini so it's essentially the "flip" version now, but I've come to realize that the silicone attracts alot of lint and dust (and I plan on tucking the mini in my cargo shorts pocket when on the go--- and that won't help the lint/dust problem any).

So is there a case out there that doesn't attract lint/dust, and can be used with the mini dock without requiring the mini to be removed from the case?

thanks in advance,

Jun 10, 2004 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 5
Don't know, but I think you'll be better off lurking a bid at ipodlounge's forum. There's most likely something.

I use a Lajo case too, and I've pretty much stoped using the dock.

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Don't know, but I think you'll be better off lurking a bid at ipodlounge's forum. There's most likely something.

I use a Lajo case too, and I've pretty much stoped using the dock.

pank, it's still the ipod studio, darn it!!
icon10.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 5
I'm actually really digging the dock for use at work. I like the line out-- it works perfectly with my HD280's-- good volume, clean, good low end..

If it weren't for the dock, I'd use the Lajo case... if it weren't for the lint that gets all over it. I may go with a Marware case so I can use it in shorts pockets and not get lint, and I can take it out easy enough for use with the dock at home...

Jun 10, 2004 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 5
ups, sorry iPoddy. I'll refer to iPod Studio next time. I promis
redface.gif
Soon the Studio will be even bigger than the Lounge, I'm sure
smily_headphones1.gif

Mr Manson,
You got a freaky avatar...
There was a guy who had made his exo dockable by cutting the skin on the through the lowest 'head holes' and on the side, so he was able to dock it in the pod. Kindda like the speck skins (have you checked them out by the way, they're dockable.)
There also the option to remove the top cover of the dock. The dock won't look as nice, but it will work.
It might also be an option to use a 40gig's dock. It should be widther and if the plug is the same you might be able to fit a mini with skin in it.

Hope it helps, if not some of the wise guys at iPodstudio.com might be able to help you out -- iPodlounge is overrated (especially since everybody have gotten ipods and all these popgirls and Gold's gym members have joined.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back