Case for Denon D2000's?
Jan 10, 2009 at 4:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bigevilalien

Head-Fier
I posted this in the headphones forum too, but I thought maybe this was the place to get the answers.

I just got a set of D2000's and they didn't come with any sort of
carrying/storage case (lame!).

I am just wondering what my options are for something to store them in when I'm not using so I don't bang them up/put pressure on the wrong parts/tangle the cable/etc and to protect them when I'm moving them from place to place (I go back and forth from school and whatnot).

Obviously something nice like wood or even metal would be awesome. Are there cases on the market for this purpose that are or are not model specific? Would I be forced to go custom for this? I'm trying not to spend too much money on this, but I don't want to skimp if it's going to sacrifice the quality of protection or practicality.

I just don't know how else anyone is supposed to store these beautiful babies!

Thanks in advance!

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #2 of 5
Probably the cheapest way to go would be a clear container from rubbermaid. Go to the supermarket and buy one in which your D2000 would fit in, then lay a cotton towel on the bottom to cushion the headphone.

Using this approach you prevent dust from settling on the unit and its coil. Good luck.

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 5
Uncle Wilson @Jaben has a Hippo Case (Lg) $89 that can accomodate large HPs. It's a hard case w/a molded insert kinda like the one that comes w/K701s. Tyll over @HeadRoom has a HP bag, but its soft $39 and doesn't offer as much protection, but is $50 less. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 11, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #5 of 5
You could go to the Container Store and purchase a lunch bag made by Built NY of neoprene (same as diving suits). It sells for about $18 and it provides good protection and the inside is very soft so as not to scratch your cans.

FrontViewCarryBagByBuiltNY.jpg

CarryBagByBuiltNY.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back