Case for 5G
Feb 3, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by hhenryks
I decided to get an Agent18 and ordered one last night. I can't wait for it to get here.

Ordered an ARI last night
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #17 of 34
I have an agent18, and my ipod suffered a 2-4 foot fall off a counter. There's two small impact cracks in that case, but everything else seems okay. (though to be honest I'm afraid to do a full scan of the player)

Feb 3, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 34
I've got an Agent 18, and I don't like it as much as the leather cases I've had in the past. Keeps the iPod scratch free, but scratches on the screen easily itself. I ended up ordering a nice leather case from www.ipodstreet.com, the wallet style. I've always liked those best.

Feb 3, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 34
I have two cases on the way for my 60GB video...

I ordered a Vaja custom 3 weeks ago, and was patiently waiting. Then I dropped my iPod, and while I managed to avoid serious damage, I realized I didn't want to wait another 3 weeks for my Vaja to arrive. So I started looking at other options I could get right away. I ended up ordering a Core aluminum case, and the next day, I got shipment notification on the Vaja, 3 weeks ahead of schedule.

So once they come in, which should be Monday, I'll be sure to sumarize impressions of both, with pics.

Feb 3, 2006 at 10:48 PM Post #20 of 34
I use a Countour Designs iSee. Fits great, looks fantastic, and as mentioned above, the hard plastic takes the abuse so your Pod doesn't have to. Doesn't have clickwheel protection though, so you need to source one elsewhere.

Feb 3, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
The two major drawbacks to the Invisible Shield (IMO) are that it's a time-consuming pain in the ass to install and you expose your iPod to either water or Windex in the process. It may be a good solution for some, but a case is sooo much easier. A few seconds of your time and it's a done deal.

it took me about 10 minutes to get each side on of the invisible shield without ANY **** ups, maybe im just good at it and was prepared to do it before it arrived. I don't see how people find it so hard to put on. Also, if there are really tiny mistakes, after time they usually even out... so you dont need to kill yourself trying to make it perfect. I also have an agent 18 shield, they are great. The audio jack is perfectly big and will fit any size ive seen/used headphones jack. I actually though saw my friends girlfriend bought at a bookstore here at my college a shield that looks a lot like the agent18 shields. The only difference is its sleeker looking with no frosted look, its really pretty overall, it has a little thin layer of skin almost like the invisible shield skin to put on the clickwheele to protect it, AND it has a little slot thing for placing a belt clip on it without leaving any holes or adding bulk to the back, i dont know how they did it but they did and its probably the best case design ive seen ANYWHERE for the ipod. All I remember though was it was sold at the union bookstore here at my school and was 25 dollars though.

Feb 4, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tones
it took me about 10 minutes to get each side on of the invisible shield without ANY **** ups, maybe im just good at it and was prepared to do it before it arrived. I don't see how people find it so hard to put on. Also, if there are really tiny mistakes, after time they usually even out... so you dont need to kill yourself trying to make it perfect. I also have an agent 18 shield, they are great. The audio jack is perfectly big and will fit any size ive seen/used headphones jack. I actually though saw my friends girlfriend bought at a bookstore here at my college a shield that looks a lot like the agent18 shields. The only difference is its sleeker looking with no frosted look, its really pretty overall, it has a little thin layer of skin almost like the invisible shield skin to put on the clickwheele to protect it, AND it has a little slot thing for placing a belt clip on it without leaving any holes or adding bulk to the back, i dont know how they did it but they did and its probably the best case design ive seen ANYWHERE for the ipod. All I remember though was it was sold at the union bookstore here at my school and was 25 dollars though.

Sounds like the Contour iSee case

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
My 25 buck PodsPlus Aluminum Case already got trashed, so I just bought a 10 buck OEM version from ebay - I'll report back if it's actually the same thing or if they just stole the pics from PodsPlus and are schlepping a crappier case.

Jahn, thanks for the BSE tip. I managed to have it applied to my 5G today. It works out very nicely with Windex Original. How is your aluminum case doing? Any further news you can share with us? I'm thinking of getting a similar one for my ipod. Thank you!

Feb 20, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #28 of 34
I am using an IS and then fitting it into a PodPlus aluminum case. So far, so good.

Feb 20, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuterium
I am using an IS and then fitting it into a PodPlus aluminum case. So far, so good.

Yep that's a winning combo imho!

Feb 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenleaves
Jahn, thanks for the BSE tip. I managed to have it applied to my 5G today. It works out very nicely with Windex Original. How is your aluminum case doing? Any further news you can share with us? I'm thinking of getting a similar one for my ipod. Thank you!

Definitely - I'd stick with the PodsPlus because the cheapo Ebay one STILL isn't here argh! Not worth the 15 bucks savings, if it even comes at all! They emailed and said that it will come this week - I'll report back if it does!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back