Cary 306 Pro, Esoteric SA-50... are there any other SACD/DAC combos should I be looking at?
Aug 17, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #16 of 23
I would trust to Emm Labs. Ed Meitner has been a leading engineer at the development of DSD/SACD.
I will take their DAC2 as soon as I can afford it.
o2smile.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 23
I can vouch for emm labs as well. The Upgrade Company modified CDSA-SE is fantastic. I am sure the DAC-2 would be great.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM Post #18 of 23
Not that I know much about this but for what it is worth, there a VERY favorable pre-review of the latest and top-of-the-line Sony CD/SACD player in Stereophile's May issue. It costs $1,500 and apparently compares with much higher priced players.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that I know much about this but for what it is worth, there a VERY favorable pre-review of the latest and top-of-the-line Sony CD/SACD player in Stereophile's May issue. It costs $1,500 and apparently compares with much higher priced players.

Quite coincidentally, that is the unit I ended up ordering 3 days ago
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you owe us a nice review then!

will do!

but first, after I get back from Chicago, I plan on writing a short review of the new sophia 6sl7's
wink.gif
hint: they are worth their price - and I happen to adore my brown base mullard ecc35's
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Sorry to wake up a old post, after 1.5 years, are there any good SACD/CD/DAC all in one player in the market?

I am picking yp the Marantz SA8004 on Monday in the 1K range. If I had 3K I would bought the Marantz 11S2 but I am not in that budget so I went with the highlry regarded SA8004. You can also use the Dac  with an PC or ipod source and even squeezebox with the 8004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back