Cary 300SEI with Cary power bank
Mar 29, 2007 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

axky99

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, everyone. I am neogiating with an Audiogon seller for Cary 300SEI w/ Sophia Meshplate 300Bs and a Cary Power Bank. (http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...ube&1179706860) We almost reach the agreement on $2000USD shipped from Vermont to L.A.
Is there anyone have experience with Cary power bank? The seller also claim Sophia Meshplate 300B is better Western Electric 300B. Any comment on this combinations. Thank you advance for all your suggestions and comments!!

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by axky99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, everyone. I am neogiating with an Audiogon seller for Cary 300SEI w/ Sophia Meshplate 300Bs and a Cary Power Bank. (http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.p...ube&1179706860) We almost reach the agreement on $2000USD shipped from Vermont to L.A.
Is there anyone have experience with Cary power bank? The seller also claim Sophia Meshplate 300B is better Western Electric 300B. Any comment on this combinations. Thank you advance for all your suggestions and comments!!

Wow, that is a lot of capacitors. I would imagine they would help in driving a tougher speaker load. You could probably dip down to the 90 db sensitivity level and be okay, I have never seen that power bank thing but if it is included at that price then you may have a hell of deal.

Mar 29, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that is a lot of capacitors. I would imagine they would help in driving a tougher speaker load. You could probably dip down to the 90 db sensitivity level and be okay, I have never seen that power bank thing but if it is included at that price then you may have a hell of deal.

But I am going to use this AMP for K1000 . Due limited living space, I haven't planed to upgrade to 2channel yet.. I just duno if that will over powered my K1000. Thank you!

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 8
This amp looks sweet. I wonder how it would sound with my speakers.
biggrin.gif
As for headphones I think it will sound great!
icon10.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp looks sweet. I wonder how it would sound with my speakers.
biggrin.gif
As for headphones I think it will sound great!
icon10.gif

I am a fan of Sonus Faber speaker. Eventhough I never own one, I love it's sound. Evantually, I will buy one pair.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

I am a fan of Sonus Faber speaker.

I agree that Sonus Faber is really good, but then again, I like a lot of other $20k-$40k speakers too. But alas I cannot afford them.

Good luck....
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

But I am going to use this AMP for K1000 . Due limited living space, I haven't planed to upgrade to 2channel yet.. I just duno if that will over powered my K1000. Thank you!

Definitely shouldnt be an issue with the K1000's - the extra caps should fill out the bass a little bit, which is a good thing for those cans.

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #8 of 8
According CaryAudio website, Cary 300SEI just need 3 mins to warm up. I wonder if any Cary 300SEI owner can share their experiences and suggestions. thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back