Cars with the best audio systems
Mar 27, 2017 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aertus

500+ Head-Fier
I figured it would be fitting here since any car audio system would also be using speakers. I suppose the answer to this question is pretty much what company makes the best speaker systems. I know samsung just recently acquired Harman kardon which has many audio companies under its belt and one of those is no other than the very famous JBL company. There is also Bowers & Wilkins too but its aimed at luxury. 

anyways, do any audiophiles here care about the sound that comes from their cars? Does anyone here have an audiophile car I would be interesting. Also, i think toyota uses harman which means it could be affordable and not exclusive to luxury cars like volvo, benzs, bmw etc not sure. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 3
All of those special edition sound systems sound like garbage as compared to a well thought out system with proper sound damping .

My daily driver has Focal Utopias driven by an Audison amps and a small sub, It literally sounds as good as anything I have ever heard based on the bit of effort I put into the install.

I also helped a friend with his install, he did it for less then 1k and it sounds better then any stock system and I have heard many. The upgrade for one of those "audiophile" systems that the car companies offer can run as high as 4-6k.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 3
All of those special edition sound systems sound like garbage as compared to a well thought out system with proper sound damping .

My daily driver has Focal Utopias driven by an Audison amps and a small sub, It literally sounds as good as anything I have ever heard based on the bit of effort I put into the install.

I also helped a friend with his install, he did it for less then 1k and it sounds better then any stock system and I have heard many. The upgrade for one of those "audiophile" systems that the car companies offer can run as high as 4-6k.

Isn't JBL a renown company in terms of audio speakers though? Its expensive but I would imagine it sounds really good. 

Did yours cost as much as your friends?  i've never heard of focal utopias Im kind of new to this. what would you say are the best speaker companies?

if its 1k and it really makes a big difference I would say its definitely worth it. I was thinking using a sony system because i can use LDAC bluetooth with my phone. Do you use USb connection for it with your phone? 

3-4k is a lot but I would imagine this is cutting edge stuff from the best audio companies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back