Carrying case for the sony VAIO pocket ?
May 16, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #16 of 28
It's the same with the Sony case as well ... you cannot keep it in the case and charge it. Not a big deal.

I also bought the PDAir case and got it the other day. In comparison to the VGP-AMC4, it is a bit nicer, and I would second that it is a tight fit. It's almost like the VGF-AP1 is thinner than the VGF-AP1L, but I cannot confirm that.

I would also recommend getting the screen protector made for it (the Overlay Brilliant). I got mine off of eBay.

May 17, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP
I would also recommend getting the screen protector made for it (the Overlay Brilliant). I got mine off of eBay.

Could you tell us the name of the shop, I didin't find it on ebay ?

May 18, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderP

Could you tell us the name of the shop, I didin't find it on ebay ?

UP
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 28
Thank you for the link (I ordered one, it's better to protect my screen from the beginning) !

smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 28
Arrived today. Fits perfectly, nice quality.
Thanks again for the tip.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 28
Which Sony case? There were two different ones for the AP1L. The VGP-AMC4, which I got from SonyStyle.com, and the VGP-CKP1 which I have never seen. I did break down and buy the PDAir case. It is nice, but it is a bit tight for the AP1L; the AP1 is probably an exact fit.

No worries, though. It is a nicer case IMHO than the VGP-AMC4, and gives you access to things like the reset pinhole.

Jun 22, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #25 of 28
Well, I just bought the Sony case off of their website a couple hours ago. The leather case does look nicer, but I think I'm going to stick with my original purchase. Since you have to constantly take it out of the case to charge, the tight fit has me a little worried. But it is cheaper and it looks like better quality. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a couple of hours to cancel my order.

Jul 7, 2005 at 1:52 AM Post #26 of 28
I just purahsed a Caselogic MP3 case. It isn't really something that you can clip to your belt of anything, but I travel with the entire package - dock and all. It has 4 pockets (it is made for the ipod so it is that size), but any of the other three pockets fit the unit nicely. I have it in the top pocket on the back side with the remote and the dock on the bottom pocket on the front side. I'm going to see if I can get my new shure e4s to fit in there at the same time to have all of my portable rig in one case.

c

Aug 19, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #27 of 28
I just received my PDair case today, and I have to say it's very nice. It's well-made and just feels like it is good quality. The VP fits nicely, and the player and case combined are still a nice, manageable size. It also came with a belt clip, which I wasn't expecting. I don't think I'll use it, but it's a nice added thought. I would definitely recommend this case. Pics below.

pdair_pic2.jpg

pdair_pic3.jpg

pdair_pic4.jpg

pdair_pic5.jpg

pdair_pic6.jpg

pdair_pic7.jpg

pdair_pic8.jpg

pdair_pic9.jpg

Aug 19, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #28 of 28
Nice pics sedminusn. I picked up the PDAir case as well. It protects the VP very well, though I suspect if Vaja made a case for it, there would be more cushion. It would be at least 5Xs as expensive!

Nice to have a belt clip, though it is too large (IMHO) to be secured on a belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back