Carry case for daps etc
Jul 21, 2018 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gazzington

Headphoneus Supremus
I would like some sort of case I can put inside my messenger bag to safely carry daps, mojo, cables, headphones and earbuds.
This is primarily for taking to work with me everyday and if I go away traveling. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Jul 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #2 of 9
Anyone?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 9
Are you just looking for something to transport them in ?

Jul 23, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #4 of 9
Lunchbox/tupperware stuffed with acoustic foam...

Jul 24, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 9
Are you just looking for something to transport them in ?
Something to keep them secure and organised inside my messenger bag..

Jul 25, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #7 of 9
I would like some sort of case I can put inside my messenger bag to safely carry daps, mojo, cables, headphones and earbuds.
This is primarily for taking to work with me everyday and if I go away traveling. Any suggestions?

Just how many DAPs and what models exactly are you planning to cram in there along with the Mojo, IEMs, etc? And do the IEMs have their own case? Plus the headphones?

Even before we get to the protector case it's already looking like you need a Timbuk2 Classic (L) just to fit all those. Maybe one of those Chromes; Crumpler no longer makes anything in this size though.

You could buy two of these and use the extra inserts on the other one to make like a bottom floor. Accessing the others won't be easy though since these were designed for cameras that, even with mirrorless or large sensor compacts like the Fujifilm X100 series or its Leica and Sony (and Panasonic) counterparts should reach all the way down to the bottom given they'd likely be placed upright with the right hand side up (ie so it'll be easy to pull a camera body out) save for airport config when an ILC will be set with its bottom down and no lens attached.
https://www.amazon.com/DRF-Camera-I...qid=1532492595&sr=1-22&keywords=camera+insert

If you want easy access to all of the audio gear try finding something like that that's wider than it is deeper. Otherwise forget the messenger bag and use this.
https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-1510...8&qid=1532492853&sr=1-2&keywords=pelican+1510

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the advice, its been really useful. Going to order the Timbuk2 Classic today. Many thanks

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the advice, its been really useful. Going to order the Timbuk2 Classic today. Many thanks

Just note that when used mostly empty the canvass lining inside crumples up and breaks along the crumple lines, and last longer if used almost always full. Although I haven't really experienced rain water getting through despite that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back