Carrie USB-Powered Headphone Amplifier
May 15, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #783 of 913
Just fired up my first Carrie System!  15V DCP and a BantamDAC.

Have my beater SR60s plugged in right now and it sounds absolutely fantastic!

Currently pulling power directly from C7 on the BantamDAC board and not having any surge current issues with the amp turn-on.

Thanks for the opportunity to work on this excellent project!

Edit: here are some pictures!

Full Circuit Top View

Bottom View.  I used hot glue to hold the boards together and it worked quite well!

May 17, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #784 of 913
got mine put together tonight, sounds great!

thanks much for the project!

pulling power directly from c7 on the bantam just like anonanimal

going to just to the  front panels another day....my first time actually and too cheap to buy some

May 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #786 of 913
Custom panels ordered!  I'll update with some more pictures when I get them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this project.  This really has turned out to be one impressive little device!

May 18, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #787 of 913
Let us know if they work well :) I'm tempted to order a set myself...

Quote:
Custom panels ordered!  I'll update with some more pictures when I get them in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for all of the work you've put into this project.  This really has turned out to be one impressive little device!

May 25, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #789 of 913
Just wanted to post an update-

Got my second Carrie (of 2) up and running over the weekend.  I used the same components as the first one- 15V DCP, Gain5, BantamDAC.  Pulling power directly from the Bantam's C7.

These little guys do sound surprisingly good and I just want to say thanks again for such a great project!
dt880smile.png

May 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #790 of 913
anonanimal, do you have pictures of your amps? I want to take a look at your front panel design, as well as how the Carrie/Bantam set looks (size, etc). Thanks!

May 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #791 of 913

Quote:
anonanimal, do you have pictures of your amps? I want to take a look at your front panel design, as well as how the Carrie/Bantam set looks (size, etc). Thanks!

My front panel design itself is posted in a pic just above, and there are also some pictures of the finished boards themselves higher up on this page.  I don't yet have them cased up.

I should be getting my panels in today and finishing them both up.  When that happens I'll definitely post up a few pictures! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit:  Here they are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back