Carrie USB-Powered Headphone Amplifier
Feb 1, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #632 of 913
Just thinking.
If there are enough people interested in a full kit, would you be willing to organize it?
I know you said you are a bit short on cash, but maybe if money were offered up front?
It would make things super easy, especially for a rookie like myself
smily_headphones1.gif

Then again, I guess I should learn how to get a BOM from Mouser some day.

So only if you're really really OK with it, OK?

Feb 1, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #634 of 913
Hey quick question that i have not tested. Could you use this as a preamp and not need a input cap into a dc strait amp? Im not sure since this have a dc off set of 10-20mv. If this went into a amp with a gain of 20, that would turn into a dc off set of .2v -.4v correct?

Feb 1, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #635 of 913
I haven't seen DC offset on this amp higher than 4mV, but if you're plugging it into an amp with gain 20, the offset will go up to 80mV which is unacceptably high if you're plugging it directly into speakers or headphones.

I can organize kits provided that money is sent ahead of time. That willsave on shipping for everyone, but folks would have to be a bit more understanding with the slowness. If possible, I'd like to restrict that option to overseas customers because I know that overseas shipping is always tough.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #638 of 913
Unit price is 10 USD per board. I'll require about 5 USD per shipment, and if you're interested in a kit, that'll run at least an extra 5 for shipping; kit price is TBD.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #640 of 913
EDIT I think I'll just go for one then.

Joneeboi - have you looked into shipping with small package air mail? The requirement is that the package must be no thicker than 2cm, but the rates are very good. Should be perfect for shipping PCBs.

Feb 2, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #642 of 913
The board price does not include the ferrite beads. They are available at both Mouser and Digikey, so it's not as necessary for me to ship them. Where are you ordering from?

The shipping cost is meant to cover the price of shipping from Imagineering, a plastic bubble wrap envelope, and the fee for shipping service. I don't actually remember the name of the servce by which I'll ship it, but it's how I shipped the various prototype boards. It's probably small package air.

Feb 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #643 of 913
I`m in the UK.
I only asked about the ferrite beads because AMB ships his Mini³ with them.
Coincidentally, it might be worthwhile contacting him regarding shipping costs overseas.
I`ve had a few things from him (including boards) and he was able to ship them very
cheaply, albeit via the slowest form of airmail.
BTW, great work so far.

Feb 2, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #645 of 913
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to be absolutely sure: that's DAC and amp on a single pcb, not like the two boards put together shown in the pics on the support site, right?

It would be just the amp.

The DAC (either grubDAC or BantamDAC) are available from Beezar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back