Carolina CanFest 8 (Charlotte/Concord NC area) Cancelled/postponed per City Parks & Recs. Dept.
Mar 16, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #31 of 53
@Army-Firedawg, I hate to do this but I'm probably going to have to bail out. I just got a new job and my new employer is planning on sending me to a training class in Texas around that time. Of course, with all the stuff surrounding COVID-19, who knows if that will happen so if things change, I'll post back here.

That's unfortunate. If it's any consultation, the meet was moved to 30MAY do to the 16th being taken by someone else. Congratulations on the new job though man!!! That's awesome!

Mar 16, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #32 of 53
Will this be at Concord Fire Station Number 9?

Mar 16, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #33 of 53
Will this be at Concord Fire Station Number 9?

Correct. Station 9, 8, and 7 each have a community room that's used for events. You can check them out at the hyperlinks a couple posts back.

Mar 21, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #35 of 53
It's a shame it's on the 30th, there's another event that day too. I won't be able to attend both

If anything it being bushed back a couple weeks was a good thing to further reduce chances of it being cancelled. But we're totally the cooler group to hand with anyway :dt880smile:

Mar 23, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #36 of 53
Deb and I might make it back over that direction provided things have settled down by then.

My Collection at this point has Auris Euterpe, Xduoo Ta-30 and Ta-03s, Burson Swing/Fun, Cascade, HD700, HD800 and I'll have to look at what else to grab as some of the others look pretty well represented already.

Mar 24, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #37 of 53
they just showed tonight on TV the rate of infection for the last month ,and it is skyrocketing upward everyday around the country, so it's not looking good for the home team. I'm very high-risk so it's doubtful that I will attend as grabbing a bunch of headphones and throwing them on my head sounds like a really bad thing to do

Mar 24, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #38 of 53
I honestly think it would be best to push back the planned date for the meet to some time around August. I really don't see this passing over much sooner than that.

Mar 25, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #39 of 53
I honestly think it would be best to push back the planned date for the meet to some time around August. I really don't see this passing over much sooner than that.
I agree. How about September?

Mar 26, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #41 of 53
Yea a late fall may work better, given the continued increase in cases
For that matter, I agree with you. End of October or beginning of November.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #42 of 53
Seeing as were still aprx. 2 months away from the meet, I don't feel the need to cancel/postpone it just yet.

Apr 24, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #43 of 53
Just got a call from the city Parks & Recs. and they're remaining closed through the May. So, sadly that's all she wrote for May's CanFest 8. 'Till next time I suppose.

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #44 of 53
One year later, in between the third and fourth waves, almost 50% vaccinations across the country, anyone thinking about the next possible date?

Apr 9, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #45 of 53
I live alone in my apartment and have space for probably about 10 to 12 people at least 5 full systems... Upstairs tho and not handicap or wheelchair-friendly however

So I'm down to do something small until were able to get approval for a larger event at a more established location

Users who are viewing this thread

Back