Cardas or Equinox replacement.
Jul 29, 2003 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Nefarion

100+ Head-Fier
I decided a long time ago I wanted the equinox replacement. I finally gathered the money the other day and attempted to order from stefan's site. He only accepts through paypal so I had to get a card verified through paypal.. Which is having problems and taking forever... While waiting for this ive been looking more and more at the cardas replacement cable (im talking about for hd600's by the way).

The reason I originally didnt want to get the cardas is because its said to be more revealing... And i have very sensitive ears and what some would call a somewhat bright source. I also like big soundstage which the equinox is said to deliver.

But still.. I may like the cardas just as good or better because of the supposed better treble extension. Not sure.

Anyhow, Im thinking of getting the cardas instead and just wondering if headroom is shipping the new version.. I know they came out with an updated version a few months ago. Where is the best place to get it? Theres not anywhere else to get an equinox cable is there? Thanks for the help!...

Jul 29, 2003 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 4
I have had the cardas for 40 hours of listening and burn-in combined so far, and the sound is unbelievable, to the point now where I'm at the stage of "Why didn't I do this earlier?"

The cardas adds more detail at all levels of the frequency spectrum, and it makes the treble much more refined, more extended, and imho dead neutral. It also adds bass authority, and imaging and soundstaging.

If you don't like the equinox you can always try the cardas.

And yes, headroom is shipping an updated version of the cardas which has a special phono plug. . . "Custom Hand Terminated by The Silent Terminators" is what mine says.

Unfortuately they're backed up a few weeks with orders. I had to wait a few months for mine, but the wait is very much worth it.

Cheers,
Geek

Jul 29, 2003 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
I have had the cardas for 40 hours of listening and burn-in combined so far, and the sound is unbelievable, to the point now where I'm at the stage of "Why didn't I do this earlier?"

The cardas adds more detail at all levels of the frequency spectrum, and it makes the treble much more refined, more extended, and imho dead neutral. It also adds bass authority, and imaging and soundstaging.

If you don't like the equinox you can always try the cardas.

And yes, headroom is shipping an updated version of the cardas which has a special phono plug. . . "Custom Hand Terminated by The Silent Terminators" is what mine says.

Unfortuately they're backed up a few weeks with orders. I had to wait a few months for mine, but the wait is very much worth it.

Cheers,
Geek

Yup!, the Cardas that I bought semi-locally is the newer edition of that cable.

Jul 29, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #4 of 4
After putting more thought into it ... and after searching through about 10 different comparison posts between the 2 ... ive defenitly decided I need to stick with my original plan and go with the equinox. I generally listen to rock ... and what most people would probably describe as "low quality". I also really like big soundstage (who doesn't
wink.gif
). I defenitly dont want something too transparent... ive known that from the start. And thats what kept coming up when I searched through the cardas posts..."transparent". I like the idea that the equinox is said to continue on the hd600 sound into something better ... keeping the laid back feel. The cardas somewhat goes off course by bringing the hd600's more "up front". For some people, that may be disirable... for others maybe not. I just know ive decided on the Equinox.

Should have the paypal situation straightened out by august 1st (gotta wait for bill statement). Then I will put my equinox order in... I'll let ya'al know what I think!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back