Cardas Microtwin vs. Nordost Solar Wind?
Jun 16, 2004 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

chicken

100+ Head-Fier
Hi:
I'm looking at getting a 0.5 meter interconnect in the next few weeks. I'm wondering what everybody thinks of these two. I know that ICs are the icing on the cake and that their performance is highly subjective, but does anyone have any positive and/or negative experiences with these cables? Thanks in advance for all the help and three cheers for head-fi.org!
PS Also let me know if you think I should chuck these two ideas and go for something like a headphile Blackgold. Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2004 at 11:35 AM Post #3 of 6
I have Nordost Solar Wind.
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend them. While they do seem fine on my Denon whatever it is mini system in the bedroom, they sounded harsh and tizzy on my Sony SACD/DVD, my Audioquest Corals beat them by a long shot.

I wish I could comment on the Cardas Microtwin, but I have never heard that cable. If I had to make a choice between the two you listed, I would go for Cardas.

I've never heard the Blackgold either.

Jun 18, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Mr. PD,
Thanks for the input. I think the Nordost are out, esp. because I have a Sony SACD/DVD player too. As for the final decision, who knows. I've got time to think about it.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks again and take care.

Jun 22, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #6 of 6
David,
Thanks for the tips. Yah, I'm probably going to go with the Blackgold, but the Cardas still is tempting. At any rate, I'm going to wait until I graduate grad school in Aug. (And not jump the gun by buying myself a graduation present early.
biggrin.gif
) Thanks again and take it easy everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back