Cardas Headphone Cable
Dec 1, 2007 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Panoramarts

New Head-Fier
Cardas - Headphone Cable for Sennheiser HD580,600,652-Audio Advisor
Cardas - iPod Cable for Sennheiser Headphones - 1.0M-Audio Advisor

This my first post, hello to Head-fi and users. I have two questions. Are these both cardas headphone cables (link above) the same, apart from their obvious difference of length and 1/4", 1/8" output?

Second question: People who own cardas cable and have tried on a headphone, what difference do they feel? Has their listening experience improved or is the same?

I own sennheiser hd 650, and have not tried the cardas cable.

Dec 1, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 5
They appear to be the same cable except, as you have stated, the length and the jack size.

I have both the HD600, HD650, Zu Mobius, and Cardas. To me, the Zu Mobius mates better with HD650 than the Cardas cable in my systems. And I liked the HD600/Cardas combo better when listening to my analog rig.

Not sure what you mean what difference do I feel. These cables do sound better than the stock cable. In that fashion, yes switching to the aftermarket cable has improved MY listening experience. As to whether that "improvement" is worth the cost of the cable, that's something that only you can decide for yourself.

Dec 1, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 5
you will read/hear more than once that the cardas is a better match for the 600 than the 650. i have the 600/650 and cardas but haven't done any comparisons to see if it matches better with one or the other.

Dec 1, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 5
I have read bunch of Cables by users like,
Zu Mobius, Cardas, Silver Dragon, Equinox, Senn V2, RAL, Oehlbach, puresound v3, etc. I am more electronic music listener, where a need a decent base and treble as well. I am not sure but I guess sound from all these cables would be very similar to each other. Which cable will be suitable for electronic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back