Cardas HD600 cable length question
Jun 8, 2003 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Geek

Headphoneus Supremus
Would there be any noticeable loss in signal quality when using a 20ft. cardas cable for HD600 instead of the shorter 10ft. length?

Silly question and I'm guessing there's no difference, but I'm considering the longer cable length due to the nature of headphone listening for me (I get up and wander around a lot in my room and could really use the 20 foot cable distance, and I need the extra distance when using a receiver), so this is is at least a somewhat valid question.

Thanks, guys.

Cheers,
Geek

Jun 8, 2003 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 8
Excellent! I think the 20 foot would be extremely useful for me since I am completely giving up portability with my high end setup and going all-out on some more pricey components; it's better to have more room of movement without actually moving your system anywhere.

Cheers,
Geek

Jun 8, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 8
I really, really doubt it.
cool.gif

Jun 9, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 8
FWIW

I use the 20' Cardas balanced cable on my Blockhead system. While sound is not compromised, the extra length is a real pain in the ***** when sitting close to the amp. You gotta make sure its coiled up off of the floor at all times, as you have a tendency to let it drop, and then risk running over it with your chair, or tripping over it when you get up to walk around.

Jun 9, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 8
Although it's less commonly seen, Cardas does also make a 15 ft. version of the Sennheiser cable. For my headphone listening situation, it was just the right length.

Jun 13, 2003 at 9:58 PM Post #7 of 8
I have only used the stock cables for my HD 600's. Does the cardas cable sound that much better? They are so expensive.

Jun 13, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Geek
Would there be any noticeable loss in signal quality when using a 20ft. cardas cable for HD600 instead of the shorter 10ft. length?

Silly question and I'm guessing there's no difference, but I'm considering the longer cable length due to the nature of headphone listening for me (I get up and wander around a lot in my room and could really use the 20 foot cable distance, and I need the extra distance when using a receiver), so this is is at least a somewhat valid question.

Thanks, guys.

Cheers,
Geek

I have compared the 10, 15 & 20 ft cables and they all sound the same to me. Can't detect any loss.
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back