Cardas Golden Power Cable
Jan 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

PhaedraCorruption

100+ Head-Fier
I recently acquired a 2m Cardas Golden Power Cable and I'm wondering if I should be hooking it up to my Parasound DAC 1000 or my Matrix-M Stage? I understand that the cable probably is a no brainer to be hooking up to gear like this, but I have no other use for it and don't intend to sell it. From what I read in the review, it would be best to hook it up to the DAC which is connected to my PC, but in other posts, the argument is that the power cord should be hooked up to your amp. Also, should I be plugging this cable strait to my wall? Or would it be better to run it through my Monitor Acoustics Power Filter MA-1568F? Any ideas?

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 8
My suggestion is stop listening to what people are saying and instead do a few listening test of your own in order to determine which one sounds the best...

But of course being head-fi everyone's got an opinion, so here's mine. I was in a similiar situation, picked up a power cord from Signal Cable for a great price, tried it on my Valab DAC and MiniWatt speaker amp, couldn't tell any sonic differences whether it was on the Valab or the MiniWatt. Figured I'd sell it and save the money for better gear investment. YMMV.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 8
Heck, I can't hear differences either way. I got the cable as a kind of a hand me down, so I just want to put it to good use. Just wanted to hear what head-fi had to say.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #7 of 8
which golden?

i've used a golden reference (furutech version) cable on my integrated in the past. quite a big difference compared to my old furutech gold

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 8
which golden?

i've used a golden reference (furutech version) cable on my integrated in the past. quite a big difference compared to my old furutech gold

Users who are viewing this thread

Back