Cardas EM5813 vs Hifiman RE-600
Feb 4, 2014 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nicdub

500+ Head-Fier
I'm curious as to people's impressions regarding these two IEM's, as they are of similar price.  It seems the EM5813 has some solid reviews from Absolute Sound and CNET, but not much here on Head-Fi, and the RE-600 seems to suffer from having a younger brother (RE-400, which I have and love) that produces a better price for performance package.  Has anyone had a chance to compare these two, and if so, what sort of amps did you use and/or would recommend?  I have the Audioquest Dragonfly v1.2, and it sounds great with the RE-400's, among other things.

Anyways, thanks in advance for you responses!  Hopefully this thread could become a nice resource for those looking into these earphones.

Hoping I posted this in the correct forum, if not, my apologies.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #2 of 3
I very briefly heard the Cardas IEMs at a head-fi meet, but I have never heard any of the HiFiMan IEMs. The Cardas IEMs were very, very good - I think the best way I can describe them is that they sounded MUCH "bigger" than any IEM I had previously heard (but please know that I have NOT heard other high-end IEMs). By "bigger", I mean they reminded me of full-size, closed headphones, not IEMs. The music was very dynamic, the type of sound that makes you start rockin' out. I was impressed.

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 3
I very briefly heard the Cardas IEMs at a head-fi meet, but I have never heard any of the HiFiMan IEMs. The Cardas IEMs were very, very good - I think the best way I can describe them is that they sounded MUCH "bigger" than any IEM I had previously heard (but please know that I have NOT heard other high-end IEMs). By "bigger", I mean they reminded me of full-size, closed headphones, not IEMs. The music was very dynamic, the type of sound that makes you start rockin' out. I was impressed.

Thanks for the impressions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back