Cardas A8 IEM
Dec 31, 2015 at 10:39 PM Post #211 of 429
  Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! Glad they are fulfilling expectations. Nothing is *ever* fast around here, but we thank you for sticking with us! 

I appreciate the way you do business - no false promises or hype. Old school principles and practices create loyal customers.

Jan 1, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #212 of 429
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! Glad they are fulfilling expectations. Nothing is *ever* fast around here, but we thank you for sticking with us! 

Welcome to Head-if and thank you for your presence here @AngelaCardas

Jan 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #214 of 429
Anyone A/B the A8 to the Sennheiser IE800 yet? These are my 2 top contenders to pair w/ my new Pono.

Jan 12, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #216 of 429
Jan 12, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #217 of 429
Jan 20, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #219 of 429

Do you think this have better or more forward mid than R2Pro?

Sorry for late answer but it took me a while to test those and find a good tips.
I wouldn't say that midrange is better on A8 than on R2Pro - not really more forward either.
A8 have more fulness to the sound, more energy. But for example vocals are more forward on R2A (I compare them to R2A more often than to R2pro but they're very close in midrange departament) - with A8 vocals were withdrawn a bit in comparison.

Generally R2's are more relaxed and tamed. The sound is more elegant, calm. A8 are much more fun sounding and energetic. Better comparison would be with Sony XBA-A3/H3 - there're more similarities here. A8 have better midrange than Sony, better separation and larger soundstage. Bass is somewhat comparable in quantity but with the right tips and music A8 are better. Sony (I sold them couple months ago so it's from memory) have better highs - more audible and present yet still smooth. All in all I think A8 are better than XBA-A3 in almost all departments.

About the tips - I've tried stock, JVC Spiral Dots, wide bore tips form Triple.Fi/FLC8, Comply foams and double flange from Musical Fidelity EB50 (second on the left https://earmass.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/cimg0254.jpg).
And double flange from EB50 are by faaar the best ones. Clarity is much improved, bass is much better controlled and tamed a bit and there are no compromises to other tips. Also isolation and comfort are great.Weird thing is - on almost all Cardas photos they use similar tips - and yet they sell them with different ones.

Jan 20, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #221 of 429
Are you experiencing too much bass?  The blue tips were specifically designed for the EM5813's to reduce the bass. I don't think they have a very good affect on the A8's, but I would be more than happy to pop a set in the mail to you - I have a set right next to me here. :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #224 of 429
  The tips that are on the photos are the same that are included in the box - they are three different sizes however, so they may look different in real life?

I'm sorry but included tips are different - they're still double flange but they are very short and wide and both "flanges" are the same size. The ones on photos are longer and one flange is bigger than the other.

You can easily see it right here. Above is the real life photo.

I would be vey interested in buying the ones from EM5813 (both blue and transparent ones) to check them out. Is it possible? I live in Europe.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #225 of 429
Um, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're missing Ms. Cardas' point. The bottom photo you've linked for comparison purposes is a mock up; that is, it's not intended to be 100% representative of the A8 "in the flesh." So there's no discrepancy in the design of the tips, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back