Carbon Fiber cases and other options for Chord Hugo
May 13, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #16 of 22
Battery replacement is done by chord dealer - you don't need to send back to chord for that. Also it is ok to plug into charger all the time - although some report suggest linear power supply might still be beneficial despite Hugo being battery powered. The prices of DAP is over the top at the moment, I might just go ipod instead lol! At least the thing works & not insanely priced.

May 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #17 of 22
Recasing the Hugo has been on my mind since the first day I bought it. A more friendly power switch, chassis mounted RCA/BNC connectors for line out/coax in without connector size restrictions, USB b receptor foe hd usb in....

Only thing is I still want it to be portable, so I can only do with about 1" longer and .25" thicker chassis. Thought about milling the chassis out of transparent acrylic with CF sheeting on the back, should look quite awesome...

May 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #18 of 22
I notice that the photo on page 1 shows two 3.75v batteries, for a total of 7.5v. Does this mean that if connecting a linear psu directly, a 9v psu would be appropriate? Also, would it be sufficient to connect the psu to only one of the battery terminals?

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #19 of 22
Not every country/city has a Chord dealer nearby that can replace the batteries so being able to use normal, rechargable AA/AAA batteries would be awesome.
For stationary use, why not a docking station with a built in power supply that bypassed the internal batteries to drive the Hugo directly while at the same time charging the batteries?

Oct 20, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #20 of 22
I am sure that the hugo will perform way better with high current batteries with higher capacity. The hugo timing is really NOT rocksolid with the stock batteries. But how can I open the enclosure without damaging it?

Dec 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #22 of 22
Carbon fiber casing is great idea but i don't know of its heating/ cooling properties.

Not only that, but RF shielding as well.

The OP has removed his post so I'm not sure what his intentions were but it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back