Car subwoofer & amp suggestion?
Aug 21, 2018 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NilsOlav

Head-Fier
Hello,

I got my car speakers upgraded and now I'm looking for a reasonably priced 10" sub (with enclosure) and amp. I went to a local car audio store, and they priced me at something like $650 for a JL 10" sub with an amp and labor for installation included. Installation/labor cost at this place is $180.... so does $470 does that seem a bit pricey for the JL Audio sub/amp to you guys or is that how much you should be paying for a good car sub/amp? If it is, I'll just go with it. If not, open to suggestions. Preferably one with a bass volume remote included so I can control the sub volume while driving. Plenty of room in trunk so size is not an issue.

Here's the sub and amp they were going to have me buy. Amp includes sub remote which is good
https://www.teamiu.com/en/catalog/product/161925-JL Audio-CP110-W0v3
https://www.teamiu.com/en/catalog/product/144785-Pioneer-GM-D8601

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 2
I got my car speakers upgraded and now I'm looking for a reasonably priced 10" sub (with enclosure) and amp. I went to a local car audio store, and they priced me at something like $650 for a JL 10" sub with an amp and labor for installation included. Installation/labor cost at this place is $180.... so does $470 does that seem a bit pricey for the JL Audio sub/amp to you guys or is that how much you should be paying for a good car sub/amp? If it is, I'll just go with it. If not, open to suggestions. Preferably one with a bass volume remote included so I can control the sub volume while driving. Plenty of room in trunk so size is not an issue.

I'd pay that much for that JL subwoofer and amp but for $180 labour and enclosure materials down here I'm getting something that isn't just a box sitting in the trunk. It's not gonna be show car ready but definitely something that isn't just sitting there if fixed by sheer weight. it'd have some measure of customization to make it look less like it was just put in there.

Of course, labour costs vary, which is why if the car was in our home in LA I'd probably just dedicate a few weekends to doing the enclosure and related fabrication myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back