Car stereo....iMod or Carputer with SoundBlaster Audigy card?
Mar 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

isamu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. I am thinking of getting one of those "Carputers" and using WinAmp and my "stereo", but then again I am also considering the iMod from RedWine. I was wondering have any of you compared the sound quality of your iMod to your the line out of a PC SoundBlaster sound card? Even if you haven't which one would you reckon sounds better when listened to in car environment?

What are your thoughts/recommendations/experiences?

The iMod would probably come out a bit cheaper but not by much, since I would need a *Soundgate AUXMB1* which is another $260.

iMod $400+Soundgate Aulmbox $260= $660.

I wonder how much it would cost to get the Carputer instead?

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 3
I just discovered there's a new iPod Integration Kit available for select Model 2004 and newer Mercedes-Benz cars. *LINK*

I have a 2001 but I'm sure they can work around around that.

According to the website it requires a docking station connection and then the kit integrates with the iPod. My question is will I be able to utilize an iMod with this kit even though it connects to the docking station? Will I hear the benefits?

Mar 28, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 3
With the iMod the line out via the dock is disabled.

Directly out of the Red Wine Audio Website:

Code:

Code:
[left]***While the stock audio line-out signal from the dock connector is also disabled, all other dock connector functionality remains in its stock form.[/left]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back