car radio question
Oct 19, 2006 at 5:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

binkgle

500+ Head-Fier
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, didn't know where to put it

I have a 1996 Geo Tracker, one of the least wieldy and probably most unsafe cars (to be in, at least) that I can name. I'm only in high school, though, and it's my mom's old car, and it has an ironically amusing color scheme not highly representative of my gender (purple with pink lightning bolts on the sides), so i can't complain.

anyway, the radio recently died. the volume knob doesn't work; once it's on, it's on loud. and it's started sending as much power as it can through the (god-awful) speakers, so even when listening to my ipod through a tape adapter at very low volume it is unbearably loud, sibilant, and screechy.

i'd like to take the thing to a car dealer/garage nearby (i'm on the north shore of boston) this weekend to get a new radio. can any of you suggest good brands or models? ideally i'd have a cd player with a line-in (just the jack is fine, i can provide the cable) to connect mp3 players, etc. i don't need it to be a cd changer. radio comes with everything, right? i just need fm and am, no fancy satellite stuff. the speakers are already terrible, so i'm not looking for anything high end.

looking to spend maximum $150

thanks in advance

Oct 19, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #2 of 4
anyone? is there a car audio forum i could go browse?

Oct 21, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Try going to Best Buy or Circuit City. You should be able to find a few with the 1/8'' from 99 dollars to around 160 dollars from Sony. I think this is what you are looking for your car. I want to replace mine so I don't have to use a crappy Ipod radio tuner that sometimes doesn't work. Hopes this helps.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back