Car-Fi? My Dilemma...
Oct 19, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by euclid
basically you just want to add mass to absorb vibration and sound. if you go to Home Depot in the roofing section you can get aluminum covered tar paper which is nearly identical to dynamat. use a hair dryer to heat it up and get the tar to stick better, remove the door panels and put on layer on the doors sheet metal and one layer on the inside of the door panel. if you want to get really thorough you should try to seal up the door as much as possible it will work sort of like a speaker enclosure and the door speakers will sound alttile better. just keep in mind its very hard to remove so if you decide to do it then do a good job.

for the rear panels that have some air space in them use the tar paper but also pack foam betwwen the sheetmetal and the panels.

Great advice. Doing mad research now!

Oct 19, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #17 of 18
I forget what they're called, but you might want to look into a 'back wave absorber to place directly behind the speakers (assuming you're using stock location). The idea is to absorb the backwave so it can't bounce back and interfere with the woofer. You can pay $50 bucks for a name brand or just use a paper egg carton. But make sure you waterproof it first so it doesn't mold.

Oct 20, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #18 of 18
Honestly installing sound deadening isn't really any more of a pain than your own stereo install anyways. I ended up having to dremel out stock speaker grills and stuff and create custom mounts. Then when I had all the panels and trim off before I laid any cable I put down deadener. Just make sure you do it all at the same time so you dont have to rip apart your car twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back