Car Audio
Jan 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

devin_mm

1000+ Head-Fier
Well I've taken a bit of a hiatus from this site since you guys are too tempting what with your L3000's and K1000's and all. I went out and bought myself a 'new' car a 2004 Audi S4, it's in almost perfect condition I love it (Mmmm... V8). I was wondering if anyone here have done an audio system in this car or know of a good site I can go to for information on doing installs and component reviews (I am looking for pure SQ not SPL *blech*). Also I was wondering if anyone has any experience with McIntosh car audio stuff it's pricy I know but from the brief info I can find it's supposed to sound amazing. I definitely need to remove this Bose sound system in the car.

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #2 of 4
B4r installing the expensive equipment, I'd definitely apply the noise deadener treatment in there to have a quiet environment to work with.

While your first inclination is to show off everything, I'd resist the temptation and hide everything instead. Think about all the work, not to mention $ if your car is vandalized 'coz of the nice-looking equipment.

Jan 23, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 4
Hey I reccomend you check out elitecaraudio and DIYMA for the SQ stuff. The12volt is a great place to go for electrical stuff, and sound domain has the advantage of thousands upon thousands of posts, but varying quality.

Here's a thread I did with my setup, which has some of the best SQ componet speakers and amplifier you can get.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/my...56k-no-284807/

BTW your Audi is a pain in the ass to work on. I did my neighbors 2004 A4 with some really nice gear and I have lots of experience with our 2004 A8L. They are put together so well it is absolutely a nightmare to get trim panels loose and wires run. Getting the back seats out makes you think you are going to break something, and there is NO space behind the steering column or an easy way to run wire from the back of the stereo out of the center console. I had to use a hangar to fish wire through virtually everywhere.

Jan 23, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithepa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
B4r installing the expensive equipment, I'd definitely apply the noise deadener treatment in there to have a quiet environment to work with.

While your first inclination is to show off everything, I'd resist the temptation and hide everything instead. Think about all the work, not to mention $ if your car is vandalized 'coz of the nice-looking equipment.

Well all my amps and such would be in the truck so I'm not too worried about that and the windows are pretty heavelly tinted 20% on the back and almost as much on the front (the previous owner did that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back