Car Audio, need an introduction
Aug 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iceshark

100+ Head-Fier
I'm only a few months away from getting my first car and the one real thing I'm concerned with is the audio. I know that buying an audio upgrade with the car is probably more expensive and not as good as hand picking the components. I have a preference towards bassy headphones, but I prefer a controlled bass. I listen to all kinds of genres but enjoy electronic the most at the moment. I'm not the type to roll down the windows and blast my music to others, rather I prefer music that is audible but does not distract my driving.

Anyways, I have no clue where to start with car audio. I need a list of components, and any suggestions for an affordable package or individual components is welcome. I'm pretty much looking for the Audio Technica Ath-M50's of car audio.

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
 I'm not the type to roll down the windows and blast my music to others, rather I prefer music that is audible but does not distract my driving.

Honestly unless you are that type of person going all out on car audio is kinda pointless. Just get the cheapest name brand deck that has all the connectivity you need and see if that's a good enough upgrade. Also what car are you planning on buying?

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
Honestly unless you are that type of person going all out on car audio is kinda pointless. Just get the cheapest name brand deck that has all the connectivity you need and see if that's a good enough upgrade. Also what car are you planning on buying?

Not really sure, I'm pretty divided.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 5
In car audio, it's arguably more important to dampen noise and vibration than it is to have high end speakers/amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back