Capital Audiofest Meet July 26-28, Silver Spring, MD at Sheraton Hotel
Jun 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33
Last year we had several rooms of audio based products and only a few headphone related products. We would love to have more headphone and computer based retailers and manufacturers and am happy to provide a room for a meet scenario if there are enough interested parties. Should it be held on one day or over the entire weekend? Contact me with any questions and suggestions. www.capitalaudiofest.com 

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 33
Awesome...do we need to get our rig's to this meet..how it works?

Jun 18, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 33
I am interested but for me it depends on the state of my setup and if it can get it pulled together - I will still be attending regardless though.  I think a room for one day would likely be sufficient, but of course it depends on the interest shown here.  I think a turnout similar to that of the local meet you were at would be perfect.  Do you have any interest from local (headphone-related) retailers at this time?

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #5 of 33
I can probably come....newbie-just have a Grado 225i and an Asgard-2. There was some interest in the A-2 at the last meet. I can bring it if there is interest.

Mark

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 33
Quote:
Sounds fine to me but what would be more helpful is to put the word out to manufacturers so as to get more interest in headphone related products being at the show. The more the merrier! 

Hi, I assume that you're the lead organizer of the Capital Audiofest? Though it's probably more common for manufacturers to contact you about attending a 2-channel audio show such as yours, you won't get much in the way of results if you just sit & wait for Head-Fi-related vendors to contact you. You'll have to personally invite most of the vendors that you want to attend. I'd suggest asking the following vendors, as they're relatively close to DC (some more than others):

HeadAmp (based in Charlottesville, VA) (even though it's local to you, HeadAmp is attending a meet in CA on 7/20 and has already committed to the CA Audio Show on 8/10)
Moon Audio (based in Cary, NC) (unlikely seeing as they've already committed to the CA Audio Show on 8/10)
Woo Audio (based in Brooklyn, NY) (unlikely seeing as they've already committed to the CA Audio Show on 8/10)
Beyerdynamic USA (based in Farmingdale, NY)
Ultimate Ears (based in Irvine, CA, but they have a rep based in CT)

If you're serious about holding a Head-Fi meet-type event at an audio show, I'd also suggest just blocking off a small room for that purpose. Since your lead time is just over 30 days out from the show date, you're not likely to attract a huge audience at this point and I'd recommend expecting anywhere from 10-50 Head-Fi members to show up (close to 50 being unlikely though).

I'd also recommend a single-day event. Possibly next year if you plan in advance to have sufficient vendors (10+) & attendees (100+), that could theoretically support 2 days of traffic.

And no offense but your current timeline out from your show date is very tight for most vendors to be able to make it. You needed to plan this further in advance if you wanted Head-Fi vendors at your show. Realistically I'd think that 10-30 Head-Fi members will attend your show too.

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 33
Thanks for your insight and agree with most everything you have stated. I have been in touch with many manufacturers and retailers but have not gained as much traction as I would have liked. Smaller local shows take longer time to develop from what I feel to date. In the mean time I am trying to cover all the bases in order to attract as many people on all fronts as possible. 

Jun 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #12 of 33
Pre-registered the other day. I'm looking forward to it.

My question (to Gary) for those that might be bringing their setups to the CAF, what is the security like if we need to leave our equipment unattended?

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 33
Good question and is never a good thing to do. There is no official security and no way to track who owns what. The only saving grace is that nearly everyone attending the overall event will be a paying customer and should be well mannered. 

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 33
Nice headphone lineup at the CAF from Woo Audio. http://www.wooaudio.com

Headphones Products
Audeze LCD-3 2 X WA7
Audeze LCD-2 WA6
Sennheisser HD800 WA6-SE
Beyerdynamic T1 WA22
Beyerdynamic T70 WES
Hifiman HE-500 2 X WDS-1
AKG K701 WTP-1
Stax SR-007 MK2

Users who are viewing this thread