CapistranoCables Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

interweb-tech

1000+ Head-Fier
Was taking a look at what is new in custom cables and ran across this guy on Etsy. CapistranoCables offers a cable system in that you buy the main cable (several options up to $200) with your amp connector and a single mini XLR at the headphone end. Then you buy various Y-Cables that connect to the mini XLR that give you termination for your specific headphones. I've seen other systems that work the other way around with main cable having headphone termination and the adapters are the amp end connectors. Anyway, I took the plunge and bought a main cable and a 3.5mm Y-Cable. The shop shipped the next day after I ordered and I should have them next week. Also, I asked to have the 4-pin XLR be the all black version when ordering and Jason said no problem. Nice!

il_1588xN.2228003276_7875.jpg

Custom hand braided copper coated silver cable with male 4 pin XLR cable to 4pin female mini XLR - 8 strands per conductor, 16 conductors total.

Ycable7.jpg

This is a Y cable for use with any mono/2pin 3.5mm headphone jack input for full balanced use. Your choice of cable to match your Capistrano Cables "Main cable" such as 8 conductor per-side Silver coated copper, all copper or standard 2-4 conductor per side Canare or Mogami.

Jul 13, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 4
Ordered additional adapters for my other headphones. Jason sent me this pic right before me mailed them.

icm_fullxfull.269497967_ft4cjm3cwn40c08ksw0w.jpg

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for your feedback about this cable shop! I ordered a 16-core silver-coated copper cable alongside a Dan Clark Audio / MrSpeakers Y-cable and an A2DC Y-cable for Audio Technica headphones (Jason had no issues obtaining this plug type which was awesome). The cable and Y-adapters feel great, they 'flow' very nicely, and with no microphonics.

Jason answered my questions very quickly, was very informative about all the different options / choices, and kept me updated throughout the order and shipping process. This is a great headphone cable system; I have ordered 2 more Y-cables from him! Highly recommended.

Sep 12, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #4 of 4
Another excellent experience with Jason / Capistrano Cables! I requested something outside Jason's traditional headphone cable + Y adapters approach and he said no problem; made me these gorgeous mini-XLR to 3-pin XLR cables to use with the Cayin IHA-6 (this is Jason's photo):
32a140ae1975fbb0e6a69d8c273893a1cf82a165_2_1332x1000.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back