can't undestand how to restore my rockboxed ipod
Aug 12, 2013 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Heterodoxa

Head-Fier
Hi all,
i'm in trouble: I found an old 4th gen ipod (40 gb), I've connected it up my computer and it worked, so I installed rockbox and I started listen to music.
After a while I putted inside other music but I was no more able to play the music (I had the chance to see the songs but they didn't play, and maybe also the folder's icons changed), so with the rockbox utility I deleted rockbox, but the utility was inable to erase the bootloader too.
Now I can't start the ipod because of a rockbox bootloader error message, and when I try to connect the ipod to the computer (both in "normal" or disk mode, I can't format the unit because I can't access the device!! Furthermore, when the ipod is connected to the computer, the laptop seems to be "blocked", and when I disconnect the ipod, for example, itunes opens itself saying "your ipod is corrupted, you have to restore it, click the restore button" (but of course it is too late because at that moment the ipod is no more connecter to the laptop!)
It was so hard to describe my situation but hope someone can helps me!!

Thanks!!

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #2 of 2
Ok, mistery of the faith, but i tried to conncect today the ipod to the computer. The battery was empty and so it needed some minutes to start, but when it started, it worked!!
Don't know how and why but now i'm listening to music from my ipod! :)
Just a question:can this http://storage.toshiba.eu/export/sites/toshiba-sdd/media/products/datasheets/mk2431gah_datasheet.pdf work in a 4th gen ipod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back