Can't stand NE-7m microphonics. Next?
Mar 23, 2009 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rebe

New Head-Fier
I got these to be used with my iphone 3g and MBP, but the microphonics drive me crazy even when I'm sitting pretty still, like at a table at a cafe. I was thinking about trying the addiem, since they are reported to have minimal microphonics, but the lukewarm reviews have me concerned.

I'd like the mic, but it's not necessary. What I do need is a comfortable iem for less than $100 with very little in the way of microphonics.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 7
For less than $100, if you don't need isolation, PK3 may be a good choice for you.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Pay 8 dollars and get the Phonak over-ear cable guides.

If you really like the Ne7, you should try it. It would be a shame to miss out on the Ne7 sound sig simply because of microphonics.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pay 8 dollars and get the Phonak over-ear cable guides.

If you really like the Ne7, you should try it. It would be a shame to miss out on the Ne7 sound sig simply because of microphonics.

Actually those over the year guides seem like a good idea, state of the art. Wonder why no one else has bothered to make these. It's just too bad I HATE wearing things over the ear.
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 7
Just loop them over your ear. It's not that difficult, really. It's a shame people don't seem to know microphonics is able to be significantly reduced or completely eliminated most of the time by simply doing so. I've walked plenty with my Nuforce NE-7M's, PFE's and never heard so much as a sound from microphonics.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #6 of 7
They are nice.

I can see what you mean. I just like over-ear because it eliminates 90% of microphonics. With iem's, you have to make a lot of sacrifices/tradeoffs to get what you want in terms of sound.

Mar 24, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 7
I agree with the over the ear comment above. I have these, wear them over the ear; and, then cinch the anti-tangle slider behind my head. The cables run just about parallel to the ground, around the back of head. The main cable, of course, runs down my back.
This set-up eliminates the microphonics and ensures the buds don't pop out of my ear with activity. Because of this, I will NEVER buy IEMs without that slider thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back